GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > zrickety

Conversation Between zrickety and dave780
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. zrickety
    06-21-2015 11:25 PM
    zrickety
    I bought the wife's car with a sub under the front seat. It was decent, but stole like 3" of headroom so I took it out. I upgraded the head unit in the my other car, still on stock speakers but it sounds good.
  2. dave780
    06-20-2015 07:46 AM
    dave780
    I finally found a great post for the Uber-Stealth box and install.
  3. dave780
    06-20-2015 04:50 AM
    dave780
    Thanks for the info. I really want to spend the money on it, but I will catch hell from the wife if I have to spend $1500 on clutch because I upgraded it. Also, do you have a concealed/hidden subwoofer. I currently have an older 10" subwoofer in a bandpass box that takes up alot of room in the trunk. I have been looking at the JL Audio stealthbox, but I am starting to get interested in the UberStealth hidden box that goes by the sparewheel as well. I haven't seen many posts on this subject. I may have to start one. Again...thanks for the info. I do appreciate it.
  4. zrickety
    06-19-2015 09:36 AM
    zrickety
    Hey Dave. I've been APR stage 1 for over 2 years and now at 110k. My clutch slips sometimes but I have mostly adjusted my driving style so it doesn't happen. It still pulls hard in the lower gears and I haul kids and other stuff around. I have bought a clutchmasters kit but haven't installed it yet. I would probably buy the Sachs SMF kit if I had more money.
  5. dave780
    06-18-2015 08:06 AM
    dave780
    I am debating on getting the APR stage 1 with intake for mine, but I'm worried about the clutch slipping. I really don't want to deal with spending more money on getting clutch just so I can play around with an extra 50 hp (although, I do want to play around with the extra hp). Have you had any issues with your stock clutch and how long have you had your stage 1+ tune?