GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OFFICIAL US 2010 GTI PRICING.

Alex.

Ready to race!
vw.com, search "GTI MKVI" > Volkswagen GTI Home > See The 2010 GTI Up Close (under the words "2010 GTI" written in white)

Skamish

Passed Driver's Ed
are you sure the detroit rims are 1600 dollars? i saw somewhere that it was an $800 option.

I see XDS and rearview camera listed.:clap:

I was all stoked over that too but Turbo Paul from over at the Vortex says nein. The RNS-510 navigation package is only listed at $1,750 and the CC's navigation price increased by $700 from $1,900 to $2,600 with the addition of the camera. Translation? No way the US gets the rearview camera on the GTI. Damn.

On the bright side, I always thought we were getting XDS and that still appears to be the case.

He also indicated that his hookup at VW "had no clue any of this was being posted today". So, folks are frantically going through all the pricing and details as I type. Paul says "don't be surprised if there are sudden changes and/or the whole webpage gets taken down". Given that he's very plugged into VWoA and there are some obvious typos on the page, I have no problem believing that!

So, I'm happy that prices went up so little and the Dynaudio package = $400 along with Bi-Xenons at $600. IF those prices stay there, I'll be very happy and gladly fork over the $$$. Tried to add RNS-510 to my order, I'll find out Monday if that's going to happen.

toproy

Ricer hunter
Meeh... I simply don't like it as much as I do the MKV. To each their own but with the new Camaro out there in the same price range, I don't see how it could have even close to the same impact as the 2006 had.

It is still a good proposal if you add up all the options but if you choose to have a sunroof that for me in this car is a must... then you loose your plaided seats that I simply love in favor of VW second grade leather. Audi gets the premium cowhide, VW normally gets something of less quality if not their manufactured leather.

But I think it lost a lot of its aggressive look with the new face lift. The MKV certainly stands apart from its rabbit brother with the aggressive black accent ala Audi S series.

The engine is the same with a little more boost... Not that it needed a better engine, as it is in the MKV, it already runs in the limit of grip/performance for a FWD.

I guess well see. I do urge everyone to go take a Camaro or even Mustang test drive before signing the doted line.

Alex.

Ready to race!
I have driven an 06 mustang (my brother has one), and I am not much a fan of how the drive feels. It feels "boaty" compared to a GTI. Also the interior on that generation of mustang is sub-par. I feel awkward sitting in it with that huge steering wheel... The leather looks like its 20 years old. I do not know about the new generation though.

Now my brother has a 2010 Cayman S, and it shares the same everyday driving feel and quality as the GTI.

Overall, I just fell in love with the feel of the GTI the moment I sat in it. :drool:

I have driven an 06 mustang (my brother has one), and I am not much a fan of how the drive feels. It feels "boaty" compared to a GTI. Also the interior on that generation of mustang is sub-par. I feel awkward sitting in it with that huge steering wheel... The leather looks like its 20 years old. I do not know about the new generation though.

Now my brother has a 2010 Cayman S, and it shares the same everyday driving feel and quality as the GTI.

Overall, I just fell in love with the feel of the GTI the moment I sat in it. :drool:

I've owned a 'Stang before (when I was much younger) and wouldn't own one now. Let me qualify that statement before you crank up the flamethrowers. Bang for the buck, you live for the V-8 soundtrack, you plan on spending a lot of time Wednesday nights at the dragstrip? Uh, this might be your ride. It has attitude and Ford has done incredible things for improving QA (VW could take notes here - at least in the US). But it's the same reason I won't buy a Speed 3. The GTI is a great "everyday" car - if you've only got one then it is quick, fun, practical, has "German" 7 ways from Sunday all over it and gets reasonable mileage. I only have one car - so mine's gotta do it all. And do it well. Plus, $30K for a Mustang??!!?? The MS3 is just too loud, too hard core all the time for my needs. The 'Stang more so, but in it's own way. 370Z? Excellent sports car but doesn't fulfill the practical side of my equation. I still keep coming back to the GTI as my perfect daily driver for now. $0.02. Yes, money is where my mouth is - 2010 2 door CW on the way. Manual of course, as Gott intended. :happyanim:

ImmenseGTi

Rubber Ducky
I test drove a 2010 Camaro 2LT a few weeks ago, I must say, its not that bad! Its got another 104 more HP than the GTI but, I'm not a big fan of Chevys and it didnt sound as good as i thought it would.

The thing is, is that i cant picture myself in a camaro. It fits some people but not all of us. Yes, its a great car, I will admit but, it just cant be compared to a GTI.

I test drove a 2010 Camaro 2LT a few weeks ago, I must say, its not that bad! Its got another 104 more HP than the GTI but, I'm not a big fan of Chevys and it didnt sound as good as i thought it would.

The thing is, is that i cant picture myself in a camaro. It fits some people but not all of us. Yes, its a great car, I will admit but, it just cant be compared to a GTI.

I've test driven one. Good stuff - massive grunt (Chevy does small block V-8's better than anyone still), brakes impressive, T-56 seems to have gone to finishing school finally, old school Detroit muscle attitude. Bad stuff - horrible interior IMHO, zero visibility out of the mail slots all the way around, leftover GM "ergonomics". Would I throw down $ for one? Well, no - obviously I didn't. It still feels like GM made function follow form. Although the Golf MK VI looks much better, it's still a box at heart. Schlep 4 people and/or lots of stuff efficiently. Then make it fun to drive. And VW did - at least with the MK V's I drove.

SanJoJoe

Ready to race!
Is it just me or is the Autobahn package a bit pricey. I thought the old Autobahn package was only $1900 for the same content. Seems really steep.

MrBooby

Chelsea FC!
It all looks like an illusion...they got rid of some stuff to keep the price the same, and then jacked up the options. Xenons are no longer standard. I hope they bring their R20 over here.

Btw, how much did MK5 weight? This one is at 3k pounds.

Whafrodamus1

Ready to race!
It all looks like an illusion...they got rid of some stuff to keep the price the same, and then jacked up the options. Xenons are no longer standard. I hope they bring their R20 over here.

Btw, how much did MK5 weight? This one is at 3k pounds.

Mk5 weighed over 3k. I think it was around 3300.