GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any MK6 GTI issues?

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
wow, lots of problems with this first run of MKVI's...i have almost exclusively driven acuras/hondas, and i'm currently in an S2000. i really want a car that's quieter on the highway, with more torque, and yet also fun to drive...i thought the 2010 GTI fit the bill (plus i can pack it with snowboards, camping gear, you name it), but they seem to be picking up where most VWs left off...in the "unreliable" category.

i guess i'll be looking at an accord V6 coupe or something...though i'm sure it's not as fun to drive.

It's a shame, as there's not really any other car like it. Too bad VW can't get their s**t together after all these years. I'm still considering others but I'll prob end up with GTI and just keep my fingers crossed and possibly curse Wolfsburg every now and then :mad0259:

waffleman

Ready to race!
Over 2000 miles now.

No nozzle leak.

No manual transmission grinding noticed

I had a vibration noise coming from passenger door area for a few days which I initially thought might be related to cold weather. However, I haven't heard the noise for the past few weeks and it's been quite cold, so who knows and who cares since it's gone.

The car is just awesome.

Freakinsweet

Passed Driver's Ed
It this sound barely noticeable or very annoying? I am concerned as I don't want to feel bad after pulling the trigger. Given that this noise is not widely discussed in this forum like the rear washer dripping or passenger door air leak suggest not all of them experiencing this sound? I am new to turbo motors so technically I have not physically heard the wastegate sound.

I would say the sound is noticeable but not annoying. Still, the first ever passenger in my car immediately commented on the sound. No other issues with the car so far and I don´t know if this really is an issue or just known behavior.

Me too would describe it as very light, exhaust-related or something. At least that is how it sounds, heat shield loose etc.

adroit rider

Passed Driver's Ed
Waster Gate Noise

I would say the sound is noticeable but not annoying. Still, the first ever passenger in my car immediately commented on the sound. No other issues with the car so far and I don´t know if this really is an issue or just known behavior.

Me too would describe it as very light, exhaust-related or something. At least that is how it sounds, heat shield loose etc.

This thread is the best one to follow for the waste gate noise. All VW 2.0Ts make the noise to some extent:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4098548&postid=61774405

itgvw

Passed Driver's Ed
The headrest in the center of the rear bench wont adjust up past the first click. Is this normal? Should I take it to the dealer or is there something DIY I can do?

TIA

VR6eric

Ready to race!
Vibration in doors while playing music with medium bass level.

Hi all! I have the Dynaudio system in my 2 door GTI and when I play music with some deep bass thumping I get a annoying rattle from my doors. I don't know if its the door card or what, but it annoys me because I figure with the Dynaudio option I would hope there wouldn't be vibration. Just FYI, I set everything to mid level...treble, bass and mid...the volume is at 60% i'd say and I hear the vibration. Anyone else have this issue? I'm going to have this checked out unless you guys think the Dynaudio needs to break in and the sound will settle. Please let me know.

Thanks.

Nicks06TR

Ready to race!
I have a speaker that is no good on my front passenger door. I was told it was a coding error, and then they checked it and said that was okay but that the speaker was just not functioning at all when tested. The dealer had to order a new one and it will be 5-7 days until it gets here.

1,900 mile update! Can you tell I love driving this damned thing?

Air noise - dealer adjusted striker plate and lubed the door seals. Whatever - noise gone now, I'm happy with it.

Rear washer dripping/leak - still have it, still pisses me off.

20" of snow dumped on my car - really pisses me off 'cause I can't wash it! :lol: But I do live on the East Coast so we're kind of stuck until after Christmas maybe (51 degrees & rain forecast for Baltimore/DC metro area).

I have no squeaks, rattles or other issues currently. Hasn't really burned that much oil during break in amazingly. Maybe I'm not driving hard enough after it gets warmed up :p

jgs5607

Ready to race!
Vibration in doors while playing music with medium bass level.

I have heard that on occasion when playing the system fairly loud in my car. It is likely a door panel resonating; I have not checked to see if someting can be tightened.

My last car did the same thing (sunglasses holder and another bin door vibrating) when I played louder music. I had a 12" sub in it though and the whole trunk lid vibrated as well (although that wasn't noticeable unless you are outside). Never was able to tame the buzz in the car, but it was only on bass heavy music and that system played louder than the Dynaudio system is capable of.

freddi

Hello all!
I'm new here, just joined and I'm planning on getting a GTI soon. On another forum I've read about an issue with the doors, mostly 2 doors. There is an issue with the seal or the position of the doors which allows air to flow in when driving in high speeds as reported by some members here. It isn't normal at all and you guys who here this or actually feel the air over your shoulder should take it to the dealer, they will fix it at no charge. Its possible the passenger door may have that issue as well. Haven't heard much about a clicking noise while changing gears or even the leakage at the rear fluid nozzle. I'll definitely make sure they check the doors I get when i purchase my GTI before I even leave with it, but no fix has seemed to be reported for the leaky nozzle except for one person on here. Hope this info helps.

freddi

GUS

CHP
Hello from SoCal.....
I've had my car for 2 months with 2000 miles and so far,
-Door wind noise (doors make lil but of cracking noise)
-1st gear noise
-rear window dripping

Sux but I hope the dealer get this issues fix. Im going to take my car in next week so they can take a look at this bad boy. I still love my car!

hugoender1

Ready to race!
I have had the rear washer nozzle drip on me as well so I took it to the dealer. They ordered a new pump for it and a couple of days later when it arrived, installed it.

Now lets see if it doesnt drip. So far it hasn't but it's only been one day.

Freakinsweet

Passed Driver's Ed
My rear view camera stopped working last week. When I put the car in reverse I can hear the car trying to flip the VW badge but nothing happends, screen is just black. Will get it fixed end of this month.

Was actually expecting this to break at some point but not within 2 months of purchase. Guess the car could not handle all the snow and ice we´ve been getting lately. I think the construction of the cam is a bit too fragile but hey, that is what warranty is for ;)