GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ask a NY salesman

vitaminC

Passed Driver's Ed
ok let me be the first...

do you take ZAG.com price? say, I built the car on ZAG.com, 4 door DSG with Bi-xenon lights, the price is about $24,950....

also if I want a 4 door DSG base model with only Bi-Xenon lights on it, do you think the only way to go is ordering it from the manufacturer?

Thanks

nyte3k

Ready to race!
And to add to what vitaminC said, if i built a car on zag.com and it was not available on the lot, would you honor the price if you had to dealer trade or order?

(I want a GTI in blue, and I've only seen one so far locally, so i'm sure it will have to be an order)

TwinTurboBoost

Passed Driver's Ed
ok let me be the first...

do you take ZAG.com price? say, I built the car on ZAG.com, 4 door DSG with Bi-xenon lights, the price is about $24,950....

also if I want a 4 door DSG base model with only Bi-Xenon lights on it, do you think the only way to go is ordering it from the manufacturer?

Thanks

My guess is that no there will not be a car with just xenons...You might have to build it or just accept 4 door dsg xenons, and one other option..Im new to this zag thing but yes we pretty much work with zag..A lot of dealers bs clients to attract them to a dealer, but if you need exact pricing etc , just pm me...thanks have a good day
:w00t:

TwinTurboBoost

Passed Driver's Ed
And to add to what vitaminC said, if i built a car on zag.com and it was not available on the lot, would you honor the price if you had to dealer trade or order?

(I want a GTI in blue, and I've only seen one so far locally, so i'm sure it will have to be an order)

It really depends onhe dealer and what pricing zag is giving.

Mark@CarolinaVW

VW Product Advisor
It really depends onhe dealer and what pricing zag is giving.

+1

You have to realize, there is expense involved with fetching a vehicle. If its oddly optioned, and say a NY dealer has to go to Florida to get it, he isnt going to lose money to make the sale. Thats an expensive dealer trade. Unless he can snatch one inbound on the boat or at port.

Also, Bluetooth is forced on by corporate. It's not standard so there will be a $199 charge for it. Consider it like destination.

I can see the entire inventory in the US and work many deals for out of state buyers, yet Ive never dealt with zag. It doesnt look like zag is including destination, or the $199 forced on for bluetooth.

We sell ALOT of MKVI's at my lot, considering our size. We are down to 3-4 and have sold 5 in the last week or so.

I'm not far from you, in Charlotte. if you're serious, then so am I. Contact me if you're interested. We don't get beat on price. Just remember, going 1000 miles away for your car isnt the way to buy it if you are cost - concious. A reasonable distance is fine, but anything excessive won't save you any money.

vitaminC

Passed Driver's Ed
so if ZAG.com does not include that $199 bluetooth and $750 destination fee, I guess the dealer I went to gave me the reasonable price...I wanted a 4 door DSG base model with Xenon lights, and the price was $28000 OTD, we have 7% tax...

c0wsp0ts

Passed Driver's Ed
i think 28k sounds right. my OTD quote from princeton vw was 29900 for 4dr w/dsg, bluetooth, and autobahn.

freddi

well 28000 otd for jus xenons to me is still a lot. i got quoted today for 2dr carbon steel manual xenons n sunroof for 25,013. pm isellboost to give u a quote. we have 8.875% sales tax in NY n he quoted me 200 above invoice. so u can see why i cant understand why a 4dr which is 700 more btw, with jus the forced bluetooth n xenons would be more than what i'm getting. n i've seen other people get more for that 28000 out the door price like dynaudio, sunroof, autobahn packages, 18" rims, not all that together but some combination of them.

nyte3k

Ready to race!
+1

You have to realize, there is expense involved with fetching a vehicle. If its oddly optioned, and say a NY dealer has to go to Florida to get it, he isnt going to lose money to make the sale. Thats an expensive dealer trade. Unless he can snatch one inbound on the boat or at port.

Also, Bluetooth is forced on by corporate. It's not standard so there will be a $199 charge for it. Consider it like destination.

I can see the entire inventory in the US and work many deals for out of state buyers, yet Ive never dealt with zag. It doesnt look like zag is including destination, or the $199 forced on for bluetooth.

We sell ALOT of MKVI's at my lot, considering our size. We are down to 3-4 and have sold 5 in the last week or so.

I'm not far from you, in Charlotte. if you're serious, then so am I. Contact me if you're interested. We don't get beat on price. Just remember, going 1000 miles away for your car isnt the way to buy it if you are cost - concious. A reasonable distance is fine, but anything excessive won't save you any money.

Thanks for the info, as the time comes closer(hopefully this spring) i may consider the trip as it's only about 250miles away...should be fun!

I dont really prefer most of the dealers in the Atlanta area, but there are 5 of them, and one of them here has 29 GTIs on the lot last time i checked, so I'm sure they will have something close on the lot. (it seems these cars aren't selling so well in this city)

Mark@CarolinaVW

VW Product Advisor
29 GTIs? geez.

There IS a dealer in florida I would expect to have at kind of inventory. But not atlanta.

Be careful with some dealers. OTD price is what you need to talk about. Zag or whatever other service doesnt include taxes, destination, etc. BT is not really an "option". All GTIs come with it and it shows as $199. Taxes, fees, destination... All these things add up and are out of the control of the selling dealer.
Even invoice can be different from region to region. Some regions where cars are initally invoiced have area advertising fees tacked to the invoice. Its pretty crazy. I'm glad we dont have such things here in our region.

We are pretty slim in GTIs on the lot right now, but we are supposed to get more in this week.

c0wsp0ts

Passed Driver's Ed
when do the 2011 models start to come in?
do u expect 0% financing, or under 2.9% to be available in the future?