GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Disable horn beep when locking

DimaGT

Ready to race!
Can anyone else confirm this?

Just tried and Failed.
Hold LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together.
Doors opened right away and nothing happened.
Tried 3-4 times without luck.

P

plac

Just tried and Failed.
Hold LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together.
Doors opened right away and nothing happened.
Tried 3-4 times without luck.

that maxx fool deleted his post now.. prob just a joke. ban.

James9449

Ready to race!
I'm over here in the US, Massachusetts to be specific. Have an '11 GTI and am just catching on to all the things you can do to modify the electronics. Fun stuff. Just curious about your mentioning the 'gauge sweep.' What is that exactly? Regards. -- James

James9449

Ready to race!
Thanks for the redirect. Sweep seems like an entertaining feature. Forgive my dimness, but what's the purpose? Checking function of the gauges? Just curious.

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
I don't have a GTI lol

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the redirect. Sweep seems like an entertaining feature. Forgive my dimness, but what's the purpose? Checking function of the gauges? Just curious.
the gauge sweep is just for visual effect, and it looks cool at night.

potatohead

Ready to race!
I did this on my car! it's look nice =) I tried to do DRL for my fog but it did not work anyone did it ? I succeed to turn of my DRL xenon but can't switch my FOG as DRL.

I don't think you can activate fogs as DRL in North America, you need the Euro switch and jumper wire mod.

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
Heard about this online. Apparently on some VWs you can change the honk to a chirp. Is this possible does anyone know? According to the following youtube video, this is an OEM part for Europe. Anyone know anything about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfsB9zN4O40

It takes more time and money than I'd want to spend on something like this, but here's some info about it.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3953164

http://forums.motivemag.com/showthread.php?4869031

The chirp in that video does sound better than the ones in those threads though. Maybe it's the difference between the European and US alarm sirens, or maybe he did something totally different.

QuantumGTI

Ready to race!
I hate it making that noise in my quiet neighborhood late at night. The manual has not been updated and still says check ATA Convenience in the MFI which my car's MFI does not have.

Holding the lock/unlock buttons for 20 seconds disables the horn, but also disables the lights from flashing. It'd be nice to see some flashing lights other then the small red led of the security system and audible locking sound of the mechanism. There also appears to be no way to get the honk and lights flash back on after making this change using my key. Repeating the key pressing is not reverting the change for me. Anyone know about this? I'm thinking about just calling up the dealership and seeing if they can fix this the way I want or finding a VAG and doing a number of changes at once.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
All this talk about the horn sounding when locking with the remote, and my question is: Do only the North American model Mrk VI's come with this feature? Mine's European and there is no beep at all.

That sound/feature is illegal in Germany.

Lucky13

Holding the lock/unlock buttons for 20 seconds disables the horn, but also disables the lights from flashing. Repeating the key pressing is not reverting the change for me. Anyone know about this?
How is your dome light?
When I tried this, I got the chirp to stop, but the dome light stayed on & would not go out. Even as I drove at night it was on.
I forgot what I did to revert back.