Edmunds is optimistic...

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
I don't think Edmunds would put that info up on a "hunch" or with "high hopes."

Its coming..... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::w00t:

but starting at 34,500 is a lot for AWD and APR Stage II power

zeonic

mmm.... beer
i want one, but that puts it right in the evo and sti price range.

Stein357

Ready to race!
I don't think Edmunds would put that info up on a "hunch" or with "high hopes."

Its coming..... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::w00t:

but starting at 34,500 is a lot for AWD and APR Stage II power

More like APR Stage I power with an intake.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
No matter the price... I am READY!

Giddy up!

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Although il probly get bashed for this I kinda think the front of the GTI looks better than the R, and I like the red stiching more than gray. Although I would love to have the rear of the R, along with the seats.

As for the price difference, for the 10k gap between the R and what I got mine for I can do a lot of things to surpass it. Just saying.

Geofux

Ready to race!
I like both, but each have their own attributes that make them appealing.

The GTI is definitely more appealing in terms of styling but the Golf-R is just badass because of the drivetrain and how they've 'toughened' it up.

jwoods986

Passed Driver's Ed
To me, that's a good sign if Edmunds has it listed like that.

As far as complaints about the price, what were you expecting? Under $30K? Hell, you load up a 2dr manual GTI and you're pushing $30K. The last R in the US ('08 R32) was $33K, $35K w/nav. So this (if correct) is in line. IMO :)

tsigti1

Passed Driver's Ed
evo starts at 35k soooooo a golf R pretty much loaded if u compare a base golf R to a base evo or sti that start at 35k base u get much much more car....

also its probably 270whp just like the gti's 200whp...stock for stock golf r evo and sti are the same but our ecu tuners are much better a stage 1 R puts out over 300 whp ...

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
I personally like the looks of my '07 GTI vs the newer version. The Golf R ROCKS THE EARTH as far as looks and performance. I'd lay wager we'll see the Golf R headed here (N.A.) late next year.
I'm done modding my '07... ready for AWD and more modding!

Evo & STI's are less refined. The Golf R is a serious class above them. Everyone out there has an STI. Few will have the Golf R.