GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Wheels/Lowered

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
i'm not really a fan of aftermarket wheels but man, the BBS gunmetal CK's are givin me a boner! they're just perfect for the CSG gti's! dang it! :drool:

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
i'm not really a fan of aftermarket wheels but man, the BBS gunmetal CK's are givin me a boner! they're just perfect for the CSG gti's! dang it! :drool:

That's what i would get, 19" BBS painted anthracite.. Would look awesome on my CW.

Just need to know if i can use different springs with 1-1.5" drop with the standard shocks, as i have ACC/DCC (dynamic chassis)

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
What does a post count have to do with Anything? And thats me in the pic.

Wheel specs: 19x8.5 19x9.5 et 48 on both

That was suppose to be a little funny, like what does post count have to do with anything. absolutely nothing, that is why it was suppose to be kind of a joke, i guess my attempt at irony and humor missed the mark.

anyway cool car

Last edited:

Kellen

Ready to race!
That was suppose to be a little funny, like what does post count have to do with anything. absolutely nothing, that is why it was suppose to be kind of a joke, i guess my attempt at irony and humor missed the mark.

anyway cool car

Its probably because youre a senior member. No sense of humor

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Its probably because youre a senior member. No sense of humor

:lol: Good one, and i still think your car is sick.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Nah.. It is a bit more stiff, but it's not like you can't live with. :D

Any side affects ie spring bind/chatter noise or creaking? I'd like to change the OEM springs with lower ones but only if it was more or less like stock.

Cheers,

Hooloowoo

Ready to race!
Any side affects ie spring bind/chatter noise or creaking? I'd like to change the OEM springs with lower ones but only if it was more or less like stock.

Cheers,

No. Nothing that I can think of anyway.. It is like the original setup, just a little lower and better handling due to the marginally stiffer springs. At least in my opinion.. :)

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
No. Nothing that I can think of anyway.. It is like the original setup, just a little lower and better handling due to the marginally stiffer springs. At least in my opinion.. :)

Thanks for that - so you didn't replace the shocks, only the springs?

Hooloowoo

Ready to race!
Thanks for that - so you didn't replace the shocks, only the springs?

Yes. Only springs. If I'm not mistaken you are able to use the H&R's along with the DCC too..

And by the way, thanks for the comments on my wheels. :D I am very pleased with that anthracite grey, goes along great with the red. :)

ABD Racing

Ready to race!

Eibach Sportlines 19" TSW Doningtons 42et

ABD Racing

Ready to race!
Some tint would really set those wheels off. Nice choice!

hey man, thanks for the compliment! im not a fan of tint normally, but you are spot on with this set-up, i think i will take your advice. I am also typically not a fan of black wheels, but i figured i would play around with something that im not used to this go around. I really want to run red outlines on the wheels as there is a perfect grove around the outter edge of them just right for paint. I know black wheels on a white car have been done, but i have some other plans that are going to be a little different from what we are all used to seeing. ill post more pics as the project moves along. wish me luck and thanks again for the support!!!