GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk6 vs civic si

heycalvind

Ready to race!
mk6 (see sig for mods) vs a 2000 civic si with a k24 bottom end with a k20 vtec top end. headers, exhaust, intake, cams, pretty much everything.

he dominated me. he also beat an eg turbo b18 civc that runs high 11's.

i really need to go apr asap.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
Hey guise.. I just lost to a 2jz swapped ap2...

gkallis

Ready to race!
i think im getting stage 1 on monday! lol

msm00b

Ready to race!
Shouldn't really be surprised that a heavily modified Civic Si beats a stock GTI. As much as we all like to make fun of the VTEC engine, it's actually a pretty impressive work of engineering.

Stage 1 GTI should be able to hang with a very heavily modified Civic though. Big big gains.

gkallis

Ready to race!
Stage 1 is AMAZING! i highly recommend lol

fullback

Passed Driver's Ed
I smoked my "friend's" stock civic si with my stock 2.5 liter. A fast car is only as good as the driver. He was talkin crap about how bad he could beat my friend's 350Z, so I whipped him in a golf.

nickrp83

Passed Driver's Ed
I did the same to my brother in law who was talking crap on my mk6 gti, so i took my wifes stock mkv rabbit and killed him, then put my car in stock mode and murdered him, then put it in stage one and made him cry lol ... he drives a mazda 3. (not the speed, thats why it was so funny, he had NO clue what he was talking about)

msm00b

Ready to race!
I guess I'm just ignorant on civics once you start talking engine swaps ... though when engine swapping gets tossed into the mix you go beyond a "heavily modified xyz" and start getting more into the "it's an abc with an xyz shell".

There's some wicked videos of a dude out there who dropped a porsche engine into an old VW bus (potato wagon i like to call them). At some point, after you replace that many core components, it ceases to be the car is once was.

Having said that, a stage III on 93-100 octane generates insane pwr/weight ratio and a literal ton of torque. Seeing as a stage III can easily spin its wheels well into 3rd gear (ie past 60), I have a hard time understanding how any front wheel drive vehicle will see any huge gains beyond a stage3 GTI on their quarter mile run. In a front wheel drive vehicle, beyond stage III GTI, the gains you'll see will be most felt after you've passed the quarter mile flag mark unless i'm mistaken. At some point you just gotta realize that a fwd vehicle (compared to rwd/awd) is going to run into a brick wall sooner or later on short races that have you starting from a standstill ... and that applies to the Civic Si as well.

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
That civic si is super light as well, like ~2600 lbs so that doesnt surprise me at all. K24 is a huge ass block putting down a lot of torque in that little car