GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 MK6 vs. 2010 S4

mylesw42

Ready to race!
Ha ha, okay so a co-worker here just imported a new-used 2010 S4 from the US. Seems as though we're all buying new cars lately. Anyway, after drooling over it in the parking lot, we made lunch plans and I joked that I'd take him on :lol:

Okay, so I'm stage 1 with an intake. He's supercharged V6 333/325 hp/tq. We both had 3 passengers in our cars. Once we merged on to the "freeway" I knew he was going to gun it, so I dropped in to 2nd gear to try and get some low-end torque as we were only going 50km/h at the time. He takes off, and I go wide open throttle. He pulled on me constantly and was quite a bit in front up until about 200km/h when we needed to slow down. That car is fast. I guess his passengers were a little queezy :bellyroll:

Overall though guys, I was thoroughly satisfied by the GTI's ability to perform so nicely! Even the guys in my car were impressed. We should be proud of our little 4 bangers. Thought I'd share.

Last edited:

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Yea the S4 is a great car, and you did really well considering out car is about 17k cheaper.

msm00b

Ready to race!
Grats on almost keeping up, I wouldn't have guessed a stage 1 GTI would have done nearly so well. That Audi is killer nice.

As any performance-enthusiast would be, we are certainly fans -huge fans- of the 335i’s award-winning twin-turbocharged 3.0L straight 6-cylinder engine. Audi’s new 3.0 TSFI supercharged V6 however, is just a touch more impressive in our eyes. The 333-hp and maximum torque of 325 lb-ft engine, when mated to either the standard 6-speed manual transmission or Audi’s 7-speed S Tronic automatic with paddle-shifters, brings the car from 0-60 mph in a spectacular 4.9 seconds, compared to the 335xi’s 5.3 seconds.

http://www.egmcartech.com/2010/01/04/review-2010-audi-s4-shows-bayerische-how-its-done/

My only regret is that the S4 apparently is not available in a manual transmission. The world needs more true blue luxury performance coupes/sedans with manual transmission options.

Last edited:

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
My only regret is that the S4 apparently is not available in a manual transmission. The world needs more true blue luxury performance coupes/sedans with manual transmission options.

Say what? Your quote talks of either a 6-speed manual transmission or a 7-speed DSG gearbox... and I can build a S4 with a 6-speed on the Audi USA website. The DSG gearbox is faster, but you can still get a 3rd pedal just fine.

Color me confused here. :confused:

http://configurator.audiusa.com/acc/aoa-aoa-aoa-eng.view?msk=1

OWLY

Passed Driver's Ed
My brother has a S4...it's a quick car. We've had a few runs and the GTI impressed both of us. The S4's power is incredible, he has kept up with my C63 on a few runs until we hit higher speeds. I believe the S4 power figures are understated...

msm00b

Ready to race!
Say what? Your quote talks of either a 6-speed manual transmission or a 7-speed DSG gearbox...

Yikes, I missed that. The other article I was looking at just kept talking about automatic this ... automatic that.

JumpinJackFlak

Ready to race!
Audi seems to be a huge fan of taking VAG engines and force induction. Their old 2.7TT was a 2.8. The new TTRS takes the 2.5 I5 mill and turbo's it, now they super charge their 3.0. Pretty cool if you ask me.

mylesw42

Ready to race!
I bet a K04 setup on the TSI engine would just edge the S4. The S4 can be tuned by MTM to put out 430HP. It's only 2500 Euro's - :yikes:

tehHooligan

Ready to race!
I wonder if these numbers are to the wheels?

When a manufacturer lists HP and torques, 99% of the time they mean at the crank, not at the wheels. If a car was listed with wheel HP instead, it would appear less powerful than cars actually comparable.