Status
Not open for further replies.

harddrivin1le1

Ready to race!
FALSE

2011+ TT 2.0T Engine
2009+ A4 2.0T Engine

And what are those power ratings?

The A4 2.0T is rated at 211 HP I believe...

And the new TT makes 208 HP:

http://www.insideline.com/audi/tt/2011/2011-audi-tt-gets-new-2-0-tfsi-engine.html

Both engines produce roughly 155 KW.

Audi is specifying the old EA113 engine, packed full of upgraded parts, for all of its high performance 2.0T applications (227 HP - 265 HP).

I therefore have serious reservations about pushing 254 - 361 HP out an EA888 engine fitted with a stock bottom end (and the cheaper and weaker cylinder head that comes with that engine).

Last edited:
P

plac

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
:lol:

yep me too, i'm waiting for that 'special moment' where he says, "that's why a camaro can handle those power levels without long term failure because it is designed to do so, ergo it's better than a GTI"

Some engines are substantially "over-built" in order to successfully cope with much higher power levels with very little sacrifice in longevity. For example, an LS1 V8 fitted with a mild cam/pushrod/vlave spring swap, an ECU flash and a set of headers with a cat-back exhaust can pump out more than 430 SAE Net HP (500 + Gross HP) at the crank for a couple of hundred thousand miles with nothing other than routine oil and filter changes.

:laugh:

Lol but nah, captain of the debate team presentation aside-dude brings up a good point. Nothing wrong with being aware that modding your car can potentially harm long term reliability, but I thought most of us knew that. What a lot of us don't know(including myself) is the extent of harm being done in the big picture. All I know is I rarely push my car that hard, and I don't plan on pushing it hard that often when I'm stage 2. I mean, it's not like I bought the car for its raw straight line power or anything.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
harddrivin1le, were you planning on doing Stage 3 and you just discovered the possible repercussions of over boosting?

Jekyll991

Ready to race!
I also heard that driving you car might lead to a hastened wear of tires, brake pads, and the clutch disc. Better keep it parked in the garage instead of risking the potential loss of finances due to such possibilities.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
And what are those power ratings?

The A4 2.0T is rated at 211 HP I believe...

And the new TT makes 208 HP:

http://www.insideline.com/audi/tt/2011/2011-audi-tt-gets-new-2-0-tfsi-engine.html

Both engines produce roughly 155 KW.

Audi is specifying the old EA113 engine, packed full of upgraded parts, for all of its high performance 2.0T applications (227 HP - 265 HP).

I therefore have serious reservations about pushing 254 - 361 HP out an EA888 engine fitted with a stock bottom end (and the cheaper and weaker cylinder heads that comes with that engine).

We measured the factory 2009 A4 at 280 FT-LBS of torque.

CRAZYYYYYYYY!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, and VW uses our software on special edition GTI's in other countries. It has software, intake and exhaust. No rods or other internal upgrades.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/02/singapore-gets-special-volkswagen-gti-v50/

Lets not forget SEAT sport races factory BHZ motors at over 300 HP on the stock internals. VW Motorsport in germany does the same with the Sciroccos. The only internal upgraded part they use is an APR HPFP if you count that as an internal part.

Normally if this argument was on the playground this is the part where I'd shout Suck it. :lol:

Last edited:

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
All this remind me why Ive got APR stage2 over REVO stg2, that is wilder and not as save as a long run, and this didnt means Revo chip would cut your engine life by 50% come on!

U know, reability main factor is more about how u drive the car and maintenances that anything else, someone using a bone stock Gti that dont know how to drive and abuse it each time surely risk to break something before someone who is more gentle and warned but chipped.

If u take care of your engine, stock or not, would influence is longivity more that anything else, over just 1 factor that is a flash.

I would say that using some bad company gaz essence could be as influent maybe more, that a flash, about longevity.

harddrivin1le, not sure what u trying to do, pretending to really help the gti mk6 community by sharing some info of wiki? or justifing yourself the fact that u wont flash or mod your car by claiming that u like yours like it is?

Give up man, people will still flash and mods. Even if your threat is right and my car break at 50k instead of 150k, do u seriously care ? Already thought about using APR mode 91 the week-end only and using stock mode for the rest of the week to prevent your fears ?

U are the worst evil advocate of any talk of GTI modded that I know.

its sad.

harddrivin1le1

Ready to race!
We measured the factory 2009 A4 at 280 FT-LBS of torque.

Oh, and VW uses our software on special edition GTI's in other countries. It has software, intake and exhaust. No rods or other internal upgrades.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/02/singapore-gets-special-volkswagen-gti-v50/

The link you provided says that your software tweak added 36 HP; that's a far cry from the increases your advertising on your website.

The fact remains that VW/Audi engineers aren't specifying the EA888 engine for high performance applications.

211 HP represents the pinnacle for that engine in factory applications.

The higher performance versions of the 2.0T use a different engine (EA113) with a stronger block, stronger cylinder heads, rods, pistons, wrist pins, main caps, etc.

And even the hottest version of that engine is factory rated at just 265 HP.

The EA888 is clearly the weaker engine, yet you're trying to tell me that running 250 - 360 in that engine is fine and dandy.:lol:

Running LS1 power levels in a turbo 4 with a bottom end that was designed to handle much lower power levels won't turn out well over the long term.

I don't doubt that a Stage 1 tune and maybe a good aftermarket intake will yield a marked increase in performance with only a modest trade-off in reliability, but anything more than that on an EA888 engine is going to cause lots of problems in the longer run.

Last edited:

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion

Jekyll991

Ready to race!
Don't worry everyone I have this guy schedule to deliver a truckload of care for everyone having a hard time giving a fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.