GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Austin Area Owners

Eroc93

Ready to race!
It has been an extremely long 4 months but I wanted to give a big thanks to BD Tuning and Brink Motorsports for helping me get my car back up and running. Finally picked it up today and drove it home.

can't wait until the break in period is over-

long story short---due to cylinder wall damage from pieces of broken (burnt) valves, I had to have the block bored over 1mm. Running JE 83.5mm pistons, IE Rods, Valves and Valve Springs

if anyone wants to see pics, i have some uploaded to my instagram @grizza73

Think I saw your car parked when I was getting my dsg flush at brinks this weekend. I need to ride in a ko4 lol

BDTuning

Ready to race!
It has been an extremely long 4 months but I wanted to give a big thanks to BD Tuning and Brink Motorsports for helping me get my car back up and running. Finally picked it up today and drove it home.

can't wait until the break in period is over-

long story short---due to cylinder wall damage from pieces of broken (burnt) valves, I had to have the block bored over 1mm. Running JE 83.5mm pistons, IE Rods, Valves and Valve Springs

if anyone wants to see pics, i have some uploaded to my instagram @grizza73

Glad your back on the road Grizza. It's been a long wait. But it will be worth it !

So question is now you have the rods when you going BT ?

Grizza

Ready to race!
Think I saw your car parked when I was getting my dsg flush at brinks this weekend. I need to ride in a ko4 lol

probably--- 4 door CSG, sat right there by the front door--- as soon as the motor is nice and broken in you are more than welcome to come for a ride

So question is now you have the rods when you going BT ?

:lol:

you and Brink are killing me. probably a while, unless some screaming deal comes along

neutheory

What's up, Austinites? It looks like this is where I find local friends, right? Last night I was at Alamo Drafthouse in the midst of the tsunami and was struggling to find parking. I kept passing a CW GTI (my twin) and made me think there might be some fellow VW geeks around town.

Anyway, I'm rolling completely stock right now but starting mods as soon as my wheels sell. Would love to get involved.

Cheers,
Jeff

Last edited:

Grizza

Ready to race!
What's up, Austinites? It looks like this is where I find local friends, right? Last night I was at Alamo Drafthouse in the midst of the tsunami and was struggling to find parking. I kept passing a CW GTI (my twin) and made me think there might be some fellow VW geeks around town.

Anyway, I'm rolling completely stock right now but starting mods as soon as my wheels sell. Would love to get involved.

Cheers,
Jeff

welcome! What are your plans for the car. There are a couple different enthusiast groups around Austin---

Mk512.com and Austin Euro Gruppe on facebook.

///Audience

Ready to race!
Just picked up my car from Soulspeed Performance. Had Collin install a GFB dV+, a WALK, and perform a full alignment. Top quality work and only costs $200!

neutheory

welcome! What are your plans for the car. There are a couple different enthusiast groups around Austin---

Mk512.com and Austin Euro Gruppe on facebook.

Great, thanks for the group info! I'm selling my stock wheels at the moment and going with some 19's, likely Audi RS (I like several though). For suspension I'm either going H&R SS's or Koni coilovers depending on how spendy I feel. Carbonio CAI, front OEM lip spoiler and short throw should also be happening over the next month. I'd like to wrap the roof in in gloss black, too. Many mods in mind but these to me, are the basic essentials.

Grizza

Ready to race!
Spotted: black GTi with golf R front bumper and attack dog in backseat 183 & Anderson mill

Car looks nice!!!

///Audience

Ready to race!
Ive got a CTS K04 available for sale in the Austin area if anyone is interested!

Austin Jim

Intro

Hi All,
I'm Jim and just got a 2013 Golf R, 4dr, Steel Gray, as my daily. I just thought I'd introduce myself.
Cheers,
Jim