GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Northern Jersey GTI Purchase

maluthug

Ready to race!
There's got to be a catch here somewhere... Thats below any zag price I've ever seen. Whats your interest rate and did you get charged a $770 transfer fee?

No catch. I did purchase the car in the end of Jan, and when I look at the zag price it has gone up. I bought the car out so did not have to deal with IR either

prospal

Ready to race!
No catch. I did purchase the car in the end of Jan, and when I look at the zag price it has gone up. I bought the car out so did not have to deal with IR either

I see you're from LI, so was I :) How was it driving this thing back across the cross bronx? haha. I'm so afraid to bring this thing across the GW / CBE when visiting my gf and parents.

maluthug

Ready to race!
I see you're from LI, so was I :) How was it driving this thing back across the cross bronx? haha. I'm so afraid to bring this thing across the GW / CBE when visiting my gf and parents.

Luckily for me when I left the dealership it was around 8pm. Ended up going through Goethels/Verrazano Bridge -> Belt Pkwy, not so much traffic. I was so paranoid about pot holes and psycho 18yr old drivers who like to do suicide cuts.
Juggling the ez-pass against the window, I forgot to downshift from 6th when I went through the toll both and stalled :bonk:

Overall, I'm pleased with the way Hamilton did business. I tried to cross shop with LI/Queens VW dealers, but none came even close to the price I got from Hamilton. They made up some BS that the price I got quoted is impossible and that I wasn't getting the right options. I got Hamilton to put everything in writing, put a deposit down over the phone in the morning and had the car in my garage at the end of the day. They even mailed me my plates 3 weeks later. Smoothest experience I had at a dealership.

prospal

Ready to race!
My current offer from Douglas is $27,583 and they wont seem to budge from that. I emailed Hamilton and they said they would do $27,100 w/ 1.9% financing. I tried to tell Douglas this, but they keep saying that they aren't including destination fee, even though Hamilton says everything inclusive. The only thing I can imagine is that I am not getting the mats/guards with the Hamilton package to make up that difference. I currently have a deposit now with Douglas, and I really want to do business with them, but I am having a hard time deciding if I should do otherwise. (My main issue with Hamilton is that they are about a 2 hour drive from me and I can't get down there anytime soon.

suspiciouspackage

Ready to race!
My current offer from Douglas is $27,583 and they wont seem to budge from that. I emailed Hamilton and they said they would do $27,100 w/ 1.9% financing. I tried to tell Douglas this, but they keep saying that they aren't including destination fee, even though Hamilton says everything inclusive. The only thing I can imagine is that I am not getting the mats/guards with the Hamilton package to make up that difference. I currently have a deposit now with Douglas, and I really want to do business with them, but I am having a hard time deciding if I should do otherwise. (My main issue with Hamilton is that they are about a 2 hour drive from me and I can't get down there anytime soon.

I think the key to Douglas is to be sure that you're buying from them. Because the one I talked to said that the price was firm. The only way they can get it to go down is to commit to buying it.

maluthug

Ready to race!

The closest any competing dealer got to me was $800 to Hamilton's price. I figured a 2hr drive was def worth the difference in price.
Try to print out an email of Hamilton's price including destination, sales tax, etc and the final price out the door and show it to Douglas. Hopefully that will work

prospal

Ready to race!
The closest any competing dealer got to me was $800 to Hamilton's price. I figured a 2hr drive was def worth the difference in price.
Try to print out an email of Hamilton's price including destination, sales tax, etc and the final price out the door and show it to Douglas. Hopefully that will work

This is what I plan on doing. I feel bad, because me and the salesman are army folk and I know he is trying to give me a good deal, but I don't know why he won't budge at all. I'd even settle for $250 over Hamilton for convenience. (I'm 10 minutes from Douglas).

maluthug

Ready to race!
This is what I plan on doing. I feel bad, because me and the salesman are army folk and I know he is trying to give me a good deal, but I don't know why he won't budge at all. I'd even settle for $250 over Hamilton for convenience. (I'm 10 minutes from Douglas).

Yea I completely understand, but I figured its your hard earned $$$ and the dealership should be fighting for it, not the other way around. In the end you can still get your servicing done at the one closest to you. My local dealer after refusing to meet Hamilton's price shook my hand and said we cannot honestly sell the car w/o losing money but we hope you get the car and at least bring it here to get service done.

suspiciouspackage

Ready to race!
I went back to Douglas today to crunch some numbers, and the guy I've been talking to was saying that they're getting a lot of people from Hamilton showing them their price. Thing is they got a catch to it. I was told they take out the destination so it's almost $800 cheaper than what any other dealer will give. Then when you commit to buying they tack on the destination and extra fees (I forget what, but I know it's a lot of bs). So after everything, out the door, Hamilton is more expensive than Douglas. And personally, I prefer Douglas, they have the best crew of a dealership I've been to. Really honest, and most of them try to get you the best price. Only reason I say most is because I was gonna pounce on a base 2010 GTI with smoked karthoums that stickered for like $27k, but I was getting it offered for $22.9k. And a dealer in there, which I was told was a scumbag, sold it to another guy starting from sticker and ended up selling it for $25k before TTL.

Gamx35

Ready to race!
Hamilton honor the quote that I got from a online non-profitable organization. They really help you to try to buy a car and look into the finance situation.

doveer

Ready to race!
Got mine from World VW in Neptune, NJ. They were very nice and courteous. Salesman Roy Draper helped me out. Pricing was a non-issue since they just simply matched the truecar.com price on the car. Stayed with me til 9 on a Saturday night.

PoorHumble

Ready to race!
Got mine from World VW in Neptune, NJ. They were very nice and courteous. Salesman Roy Draper helped me out. Pricing was a non-issue since they just simply matched the truecar.com price on the car. Stayed with me til 9 on a Saturday night.

I just turned in my BMW yesterday and am looking to buy a GTI. Truecar gave me the best rate through World VW but I haven't seen much about them. Thanks for your post. It reassures me that I won't be wasting my time driving all the way to them from NYC today. Enjoy your car.

prospal

Ready to race!
I just got a HUGE bag of popcorn in the mail today from Douglas VW, like six gallons worth of it, lol.

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
I just got a HUGE bag of popcorn in the mail today from Douglas VW, like six gallons worth of it, lol.

you mean this one? :)

Douglas VW was really nice. I got my car there too. Tito took care of me. And they honored my Zag price without any hassle. Too bad they are over an hour away from me or I would get my servicing there as well. Good luck with your car.

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
I did not get popcorn but I did get a good deal on my trade in and truecar pricing. I worked with Jeremy. Would def recommend.