GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Unitronic Chipped 2.0TSI Thread!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Its principal, goes both ways. As their cable marry/un-marry process should not be that difficult. If so, they need new developer. Otherwise, i see it as pre-programmed planned obsolescence; a money grab.

UniConnect description vs UniConnect+ (Plus), very similar and close description and easily mistakable.

I will re-run the modded Euro's car selection/part match on their website, Double check to make sure it was not at fault either. (wrong product availability to car selection)

Sucks but i found some stuff right away on modded euros.
Uniconnect cable (not right cable)
Unitronic UniConnect Programming Tool (02-08.5)

AVAILABILITY

UniCONNECT is compatible with the following ECU platforms: 2002+ ME7.x, EDC16, MED9.x and MED17.x.x *

If you go to the fitment tab it say Jetta up to 2008

Uniconnect+ cable title

Unitronic UniConnect+ Programming Tool (2008+)

fitment Jetta GLI 2012-2015

Sorry man its a honest mistake on your part.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I can't even find the original uniconnect cable on modded's website. Definitely an unfortunate situation to be in.

You have to look at the end of the tuner section thats where it was close to being the last item where as Uniconnect+ was first item in tuner section.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
I will re-run the modded Euro's car selection/part match on their website, Double check to make sure it was not at fault either. (wrong product availability to car selection)

It's correct; 2013 VW Jetta GLI

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Unitronic didn't do anything to make you feel like an idiot. You did that to yourself by posting your mistake while unitronic was still working with you to correct it. Then he's sending you emails at 10pm at night to respond to your threats to make you happy. That's above and beyond what most people would do for you.

Want to say thank you to John @ Unitronics for the customer service and taking care of my ordering mistake/mishap on UniConnect cable for my vehicle.

Even though I ultimately made a purchasing mistake (UniConnect rather than Uniconnect+), come came through with a resolution and took care of me.

Sorry for the headache, your valuable time and help is much appreciated.

Gino

Ready to race!
Dyno'd last week and got my results today. What a delay, but finally they are here.

My car did 289whp/309lbft. I wouldn't consider this great. I actually think it may be below the average for the Stage 2+ tune. I was wondering if there are any logs I can create and send over to figure out if my car is performing as it should. I have a vagcom, but have never logged before. Perhaps something effecting the performance is the APR intake? Maybe not enough air for the turbo? Maybe the port and polish job on the turbo? It is a APR turbo, but that can't possibly ruin results. People mix and match tunes and turbo "brand" all the time. Maybe a boost leak? Vacuum leak? Honestly I don't know. Lemme know John if you can help me out in anyway. Thanks.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Dyno'd last week and got my results today. What a delay, but finally they are here.

My car did 289whp/309lbft. I wouldn't consider this great. I actually think it may be below the average for the Stage 2+ tune. I was wondering if there are any logs I can create and send over to figure out if my car is performing as it should. I have a vagcom, but have never logged before. Perhaps something effecting the performance is the APR intake? Maybe not enough air for the turbo? Maybe the port and polish job on the turbo? It is a APR turbo, but that can't possibly ruin results. People mix and match tunes and turbo "brand" all the time. Maybe a boost leak? Vacuum leak? Honestly I don't know. Lemme know John if you can help me out in anyway. Thanks.

For sure these results are lower than normal. Here's a dyno from our old GLI we did on our old Dynapack for reference:

Petro-Can 94 octane fuel
Unitronic Stage 2+ K04
Unitronic Intake
Unitronic Intercooler
Unitronic DV Relocation Kit
Unitronic Turbo-Back Exhaust

Shoot me an email; john [at] unitronic [dot] ca and I'll provide you with some data logging templates to use for analysis.

Gino

Ready to race!
Those would be numbers I would love to see, but then again I am only running 91 octane. Sent you an email John. Thanks.

urbanevil

Ready to race!
John you guys need a combo sale on Stage 2 + the Uniconnect+ ! Seriously though, I greatly appreciate your guys products, the Intake/DP/CB are amazing!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

dynamisoz

Passed Driver's Ed
@John
I recently got a stage 1+ tune, about 2wks ago, and I am experiencing rough gear changes. there is more resistance (should i say its more "clunky") going in to 2nd and 3rd gear. Is this normal??
cuz before the tune I experienced zero issue with gear change, buttery smooth. I just hope im not messing up my tranny.
Please Help...