GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R - Hello from Hong Kong

kilowong

Passed Driver's Ed
That is the BLUE GRAPHITE PEARL available in some parts of the world.

We here in Australia only gets:

CANDY WHITE
UNITED GRAY
BLACK MAGIC PEARL
RISING BLUE
REFLEX SILVER

THe other 3 colours which we don't get here in Australia are

SHADOW BLUE
BLUE GRAPHITE PEARL
TORNADO RED

There was only one case of someone ordering a special colour which wasn't a colour offered by VW Australia, and that was TORNADO RED. I think it's the only one in the country.

thanks for the info :)

BoomBoy

Ready to race!
Beautiful car. APR carbonio is worth the money, IMO. It will open up your car more than just a drop in filter. Get a downpipe and stage 2 afterward. :thumbsup:

Ronkerjake

Ready to race!
IMO if i had a golf R, I'd spare no expense. Drop in filters are for minivans.

blueshirts0819

Ready to race!
Nice car, wish US have this color and DSG golf R. That color is also beautiful which we will never see.

That is a big parking space you have living in HK. Guess you live in new territory or Yuen Long?

Mischievous M1

Ready to race!
hi all, this is my Golf R. i have APR stage 1 ECU Flash, custom made steel brake lines, and OEM Bluetooth kit installed.

My car before this was a e46 M3 i drove for 5+ years. the dsc on the golf is awesome and lightening fast, but the 'D' drive is a little too fuel economy for me. it goes thru 1 to 6 very quick, i am glad that i have the option to kick down with the steering (-) or put to 'S'.

the 4WD offers more grip than the M3 but the 2 cars' driving styles/characters are different. Golf more grip but M3 more, cant say more fun but it needs more room to turn fast, for its more tail happy. I feel that Golf R can pull more lateral G force than the M3.

Power wise - Golf R is Turbo and the lag is a bit improved after APR chip. I still prefer NA engines. Cant ask for more from a 2.0 engine, i am still satisfied with the current power. M3 is smoother thru out the range but Golf R just need more rev and gear changes, luckily the DSC is fast.

i am looking to add the APR carbonio, is that worth the money? or just a drop in K&N will suffice?

I gotta say... your R looks gorgeous bro. In terms of intake system, give the Gruppe M, ITG system or Evoms system a go. I love my evoms and its pretty decent bang for buck.

A must have: Sprint Booster 201

Pker

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi kilo, nice looking ride and great choice in color. I believe you have tinted your windows, mind sharing which shop who did your tint job?