GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your MPG

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Now that I've got 7K miles on it, I'm averaging about 27 mpg with the A/C on. Two weeks ago I did my first road trip and averaged 34 mpg. Considering that was at speeds of 75~80 and running the A/C the whole time, I was pretty happy with those numbers.

Still not too bad.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
with the current mods in my sig... Car has 42k miles, 4k mile oil changes, fuel filter changed every 20k. & one step colder plugs gapped at .024

*avg city/hwy (90% city driving) I average 23mpg....
*50/50 city/hwy I average 27mpg....
*back when I did 90% hwy and 10%city, I averaged 32mpg....
*ALL hwy I managed to get 38.5mpg as my record.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I get around 24.5mpg almost all city/suburban. When i used to commute hwy i would average 31mpg with AC on and at 75mph

Kal-GTI

Ready to race!
372.5 miles on 10.915 gallons for 34.1 mpg first tank. Best I have gotten with the car. Cruise set at 65-70 depending on speed limit. Included running up Monteagle Pass on I24. Did hit 90 once after a car had driven me crazy. Cruising mpg with this APR v3.1 are very good.

david9962000

Drag Race Newbie
here's mine:

Attachments

• photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 161

Eddd

Ready to race!
without AC around 25 city
30~32 on freeway.
With AC on,
city 19~22
28 on freeway.
my last oil change was 4k-5k miles ago

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
So after about 3 years of ownership, I finally managed to get two fill-ups back to back with an avg MPG of 29 (calculated) or 30 (MFI), at 375 miles per tank - mixed driving. Pretty stoked. On highways, i kept it at 62-65 (LOL), and everywhere else at speed limit. My last fill up was 27 mpg, w a few spirited runs, and keeping up w traffic on highways. So with the fourth tank in, i already gave up on the whole fuel economy game/efforts, and started up again w/ normal NFG throttle inputs. I will typically average about 23-24.

Today i get a nice present via text, from wifey showing me her 20 mile commute - almost all highway. After 2 good years of bitching and whining about fuel economy when on eco-tank/mode, i think it has finally paid off...lol And.. she won't tell me how fast she was moving.

Last edited:

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
mine usually hovers right around here... This is the last 2 weeks around 225 miles 50% highway 50% town... I don't drive the car too hard but I like to punch it a little on the entrance ramp to the expressway...

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Averaged 31.4 today, it's all dependent on how I drive. I was in manual mode and I was in 5th/6th most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
Usually average around 25 MPGs per tank.

afctom

Ready to race!
Driving through town - 38 mpg

Motorway driving - 45 mpg

I moan about my car a lot because it's not a GTI, but god I love driving this thing + much better MPG

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
I moan about my car a lot because it's not a GTI, but god I love driving this thing + much better MPG

Yea the GTI is not the route to go if fuel economy is your main priority... It gets good gas mileage, don't get me wrong but any car built for spirited driving isn't going to get spectacular MPG.