GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear Wiper delete-glass plug- complete smooth

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
OK, I searched, but this is kind of essoteric. Probably a question for a glass expert.

So I have the glass plug from doing the rear wiper delete. Looks very clean and basically happy. But I started thinking about those guys that do windshield repairs and started thinking I could make my back window even better.

I am betting there is a filler and/or buffing technique that would completely remove any trace of the edge. To the touch, you would feel nothing. Like one factory solid piece of glass. Again, I have the glass plug with the adhesive provided and it is already very clean. Just being a complete perfectionist. I'll admit it now....:eek:

Last edited:

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Does it have a grey ring around it from the glue?

That's the only thing i hate about mine...

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Does it have a grey ring around it from the glue?

That's the only thing i hate about mine...

I don't think it is too bad. Hard to see in your pic. But I did put a topic up on buffing this smooth. Like a glass filling compound like they use to fix chips in windshield. Seems possible to me.

Papa

Ready to race!
Hey SWF, I'm interested in getting it filled out like that too. Let us know if you decide to do that...

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Did you use a black silicone or a glass adhesive? I dont think a clear silicone wouldn't grey would it?

I used what looked like clear super glue that is kinda thicker than the regular stuff...it was made in germany and came with the plug.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I cracked mine as well lol...had to order another one...it's a TIGHT fit...they sent me one that is less tight...put a lot of glue on the inside and it's not gonna leak.

PS i had the cover off...it's not about that..you just have to apply equal pressure all around and be so gentle.

It's still MUCH better than the image tuning giant plug iMO...i just need to find a solution for the grey ring..not to bothered right now.

Papa

Ready to race!
I just received my glass plug. Looks smaller than I thought. Its 26mm. Does that sound bout right to you guys?

mark986

Ready to race!
Hmm I might have to do this