GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sound like it would work?

NatesMK6

Hey everyone, first post on here. ( so go easy) just went out and bought a 2009 2 door GTI on tuesday, and love it! (much more than the G35c i traded in for it) One thing i have been reading up on was intakes for it, and it seemed like it wouldnt be very hard to fab one up myself. I was thinking about a 5 in strait pipe down from the mass air sensor, into a 90 degree pipe and into a air filter. And possibly add a heat shield. The filter would rest about were the far right side of the current plastic airfilter box is. Any thoughts on the set up? (pics if needed)

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
You can get a new neuspeed intake for 175. Just do that. Or search for a used one...i got one for 80 shipped.

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Oh, and you have an mkv not a 6.

jmlivid

Go Kart Champion
^^^^ buy a modshack.

NatesMK6

But would it give any advantages for the price? it would maby cost 50 bucks to fab one. Im brand new to all these VW performance brands.
( i thought mk6 was 2009 and up?)

jmlivid

Go Kart Champion
Pic of the car pls. Also If you can buildan intake give it a try. Its only $50. If it dosn't work out than shop for an aftermarket one. If you go the make it yourself route good on ya and good luck. Keep us posted and PICS!!!!!!!!

NatesMK6

Alright. will post pics as soon as i can find my camera.... and am i driving an mk6 or an mk5? (super noob)

jmlivid

Go Kart Champion
MK5. But with TSI motor I believe.

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Yah mk5 with tsi. Thats why im here too..my car is basically an mk6 with mk5 body. Makes finding the right forum confusig

NatesMK6

well i know it has a tsi lol. when did they become mk6s? and shoot if i have the same engine as an mk6 im callin this home lol
IM000350.jpg

IM000351.jpg

IM000353.jpg

IM000354.jpg
IM000352.jpg

Last edited:

jmlivid

Go Kart Champion
good to have you. MK6 was 2010. Nice AF front end. Do you know if it had a tune? Def a MK5 but looks sweet.

Last edited:

NatesMK6

I have no idea. As u can see temp tags are still on it. I literally bought it tuesday. Engine bays all stock. as far as i know nothings been modified but i dont know much

jmlivid

Go Kart Champion
Check your VIN on APRs website. If the engine bay is stock, there is a chance it could have stage 1. You don't NEED any bolt ons with stage 1.

Bigmack74

Ready to race!
good to have you. MK6 was 2010. Nice AF front end. Do you know if it had a tune? Def a MK5 but looks sweet.

What he said!