GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RAI Motorsport Product Line and a little info about us.

R.A.I. Motorsport

Passed Driver's Ed
I thought it to be necesary to create a thread that contains info about our current product line in general. We have received several request to do this. But first I would like to make a long overdue introduction to golfmk6.com

RAI Motorsport is a Baltimore, MD based company officially founded in 2006. We are a smaller but tight knit team that really enjoy what we do. We as a team work very hard to be the best we can. Over the course of our existence we have grown tremendously, but never lost sight of our roots. Early on we established ourselves as the go to shop in our region for custom projects or one off builds. We took a great deal of pride in our work, and strived to make each project better than the last. This allowed us the opportunity to really learn what works and what does not. We have successfully built hundreds of turbo cars, and compiled vast amounts of data on the individual setups. It also allowed us to build relationships with companies that have similar goals, and share in experience.

We began making products for retail sales initially to offset downtime our fab guys had, more or less to keep us busy between the custom projects. We simply took some of the most popular products or configurations and packaged them to be retailed. The quality of our products allowed us to really make a mark in the Audi scene and we soon found ourselves in a great position to really develop cool parts. We heavily invested into our in house fabrication and added some really great guys to our staff to help handle the rising demand. We are very proud to manufacture our components in house. Many of our customers get to see their exhausts, intakes, turbo manifolds, etc being built. We also use premium components in our fabrication work, and only work with the best companies to get components for any of our products. If we cant offer something unique in terms of price, performance, or reliability, we simply will not make it and focus our energy elsewhere. We still stay true to our custom roots, and still build every product in a one off manner. The difference is, they are made in jigs, not on a car......most of the time:).

Structuring ourselves to operate like this allows us to stay cutting edge in terms of our designs and products, and really we have a lot of fun this way. We are not ever committed to a single turbo, or any other part for that matter. We simply can re design and engineer our components to be the latest and greatest should something better come to be. Our experiences and talented staff allow us to properly engineer our components, not just toss things together. We stick to the mechanical truths of our components and firmly understand the pro's and con's of every designs detail.

Now with that being said. Here are our current offerings for the MK6 platform.

- Boosting systems featuring Garrett GT and GTX turbochargers
- Boosting systems featuring Borg Warner EFR turbochargers
- Garrett Core Front Mount Intercooler
- 3 inch turbo back exhaust
- 3 inch downpipe that is perfect matched to the larger than 3 inch turbo discharge for max horsepower
- TSI K04 Kit
- Diverter valve upgrade featuring the Synapse Engineering piston valve.( faster reaction than anything on the planet!!)

Instead of doing write ups on here redundantly, please browse the listings in the link below and ask questions. Please keep in mind we will stick to mechanical physical data on our products. In terms of the MK6 platform we are much further beyond the fuelling capabilities available. Also we still have more to come.

http://www.raimotorsport.com/category-s/14038.htm

Thanks!

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
Eh, they're alright i guess..... JUST KIDDING BTW.

highly recomend this shop for anyone for work or their parts. Ray and his crew are 1st class guys all around and do some damn good work!

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Wow, seems to be a really good price on a ko4.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
I think its still in development, there was a thread about it with a prototype in testing.

hpa-gtii

Ready to race!
The IC looks promising. Do you have pics of the IC installation? I'll like to see how everything connects underneath.

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
Wow, seems to be a really good price on a ko4.

This.

How much more to get it into fully working order though? Obviously a tune, but would we have to use unitronic? And I assume the diverter valve kit is suggested for the power levels but, required?

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
is the DV kit with the synapse valve release air quicker? i hate how my Forge spacer sounds and might pick this up if thats the case :) please PM me!!

products look great btw!

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
I like how the fmic is a true front mount and not sandwiched or a twin design.

I think that a sandwiched or twin design will heat soak since the intercooler sits right next to a heat soaked radiator... But this separates it.

Any plans on also doing a bigger radiator? Or a DSG cooler?

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
More info on the RAI MK6 Diverter Kit!

Advantages, potential complications?
Compatibility with APR kit and goodies?

Bigmack74

Ready to race!
These guys are some good guys that stand by their product:thumbup: