GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review: FK Streetline Coilovers

SFvalleyGTi1

Go Kart Champion
Purchase

During Xmas break I had some money to spend on the car, well not really but I did anyways. I was debating whether to get W/M kit or coilovers. I ended up with the latter, my search lead me to FK because I had about 1 grand to spend but didn't want to just purchase 1 item. I was able to find FK Streetline coilovers from AMI motorsports for only $450 shipped.

If I could choose vendors to purchase from again, I would without a doubt go back to Glen at AMI. He's an awesome guy, replied to my emails before purchaes after work hours. He also replied to my emails with pictures during my install of the coilovers on a weekend day. What else could someone want? Quick, around the clock email support, fast to ship product and lowest prices. :clap:

Quality

The coilovers came in a big box. The contents were somewhat neatly packed. Everything was wrapped in bubble wrap and bagged. Bags looked a little yellowish, which is a sign that these coilovers are either made in China or packaging is from China. The coilovers were pretty heavy and sturdy, nothing on the coilovers said FK...

Performance

I've owned cars with different coilovers, KW V2, Weitec XS. With no track time, I could barely tell a difference between them or should I say I couldn't justify spending more money for features I wouldn't fully put to use. For this reason I decided on the FK streetlines.

FK Streetlines ride really well for its price of $450 shipped. They can go low, lower than I would ever use. The ride quality is good but a little bouncier than the KW v2 or Weitec's I had. I believe the dampening or rebound is a little weaker on the Streetlines and thats why the car bounces 1 time more than KW v2 or Weitecs would.

Final Thought

If I could do this all over again, I would recommend FK Streetlines to someone on a tight budget. Will you get the best ride on these coilovers? Ofcourse not, but you will get a ride thats comfortable enough to daily drive and a bang for the buck.

Do I think these coils will last 40k or 50k miles? I don't think they will last that long but at this price I'm not too worried about that. I change cars often, if I can get 2 or 3 years out of these coilovers I'll happy but time will tell how they hold up.

Below are some pictures of the drop... funny thing I noticed is that after dropping the car, I went in for an alignment. After some trouble the shop got the car on the ramp, hooked up the computer and the alignment was pretty much dead on good. So I didn't really need an alignment other than tweaking things .1 of a degree.

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
im on streetlines as well. nice budget coilover kit.. and i also ordered from AMI too and dealt with Glen. good guy for sure.