GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2, and BARELY ANY POWER

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
So, recently I have noticed I do not have the same power from my car! It seems like the power has dropped. Not saying there is NOTHING there.. but it definitely is not as much as it was! Could it be that I have a leak somewhere? I heard diverter valve goes, could it be that?? I do not have a boost gauge to check boost.. Also, when I get on it, and stop, I hear a WEIRD, just weird sound almost like it keeps popping.. from the exhaust... It is hard to explain.. something is just different!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Have one of the techs at the dealership you work at check it out....

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Just saying, seems pretty logical. You work for a dealer and the car is under warranty but your first stop is the internet for a problem....

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
Just saying, seems pretty logical. You work for a dealer and the car is under warranty but your first stop is the internet for a problem....

I'd rather not run to them for every little problem! Thats why I come here to see what you guys think! If you don't like it you really do not have to read the post! I am well aware I can drop it off with them, but why drop it off. I highly doubt a diverter valve will be warranty work! It very well might be just my imagination... (getting used to the stage 2??)

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
It's probobally your imagination, my stage 2 feels slow as balls as well. As yes a diverter valve is covered.

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
:) Thank you man... see you can give a good response every now and then! haha :thanks:

he wasnt being an ass. just trying to use some logic. you work at a dealer so it makes sense to have them check it out while you're at work one day...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I do know that snow tires makes stage 2 feel "not as cool".

Jacuzzi

Ready to race!
I do know that snow tires makes stage 2 feel "not as cool".

Haha it's that hot mess feeling of doing a burnout on marshmallows while TC cuts power and the clutch slips at the same time. I am glad someone else appreciates the feeling as well.

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
he wasnt being an ass. just trying to use some logic. you work at a dealer so it makes sense to have them check it out while you're at work one day...

My Service Dept, is so busy, I feel bad bothering them with a stupid problem if I can figure it out by myself... haha... idk why... but I just do...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Haha it's that hot mess feeling of doing a burnout on marshmallows while TC cuts power and the clutch slips at the same time. I am glad someone else appreciates the feeling as well.

dude!!! i haven't even had stage 2 WITHOUT snow tires yet :cry::cry::cry:

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
dude!!! i haven't even had stage 2 WITHOUT snow tires yet :cry::cry::cry:

EGH, I cannot wait for SUMMER!!!!!!!! :threadjacked::threadjacked: I WANT SUMMER!!!! I next winter my GTI WILL DEFINATELY NOT BE DRIVEN in the winter!!!! It is not allowed to see salt anymore!!! I am buying decent ZR2 sonoma or something! Something I can haul the rocket around in, and my four-wheeler!!! and drive to and from work, and drive all winter!!

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
OP, I felt the same way when I went Stage 2...
I think it has more to do with our perception of what "stage 2" brings to the table.
It's really not all that much more of a power increase (compared to, say, stock to stage 1)

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
OP, I felt the same way when I went Stage 2...
I think it has more to do with our perception of what "stage 2" brings to the table.
It's really not all that much more of a power increase (compared to, say, stock to stage 1)

Well, I felt a difference when I first got it, I been stage 2 for a few months now.... and it seems like it has slowed down...