GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs Civic SI

BlownFa5

Banned
http://www.full-race.com/store/turbo-kits/honda-civic-si-k-series-fg-fa-turbo-kit.html

So $7k for a kit that they say is good up to 560whp. Honda destroys are cars when comparing potential between them. Isn't even remotely close.

One of the best quality kits there is. At times I wish I would have gone turbo. The power those cars make is ridiculous. At the same time I'm relieved, as I know would have spend much more money by now.

k04 on a TSI motor = $3500-4000 depending on what parts you get when you include exhaust/intake/intercooler. base k04 kit itself is 2500 from apr, which you can technically run without any other mods, but i don't think you'll see over like 260 whp without supporting mods.

Same goes for the JRSC. You can slap it on with no other mods but you won't see more than 250-260 whp. That isn't too expensive though. Is a clutch upgrade required?

Dybz

Banned
One of the best quality kits there is. At times I wish I would have gone turbo. The power those cars make is ridiculous. At the same time I'm relieved, as I know would have spend much more money by now.

Same goes for the JRSC. You can slap it on with no other mods but you won't see more than 250-260 whp. That isn't too expensive though. Is a clutch upgrade required?

for 6spd, yes, for DSG... HELL NO :evil:

Noose42

For about $13k u can buy a 2004/2005 Honda S2000. (if that means nothing to you look up some reviews.) throw in $7k and you can have it at 550whp. So roughly $20k. 2005 GTI buy for $15k if ur lucky, drop $11k on APR Stage III and have 370whp...

:( :( thats a bit depressing.

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Funny how this turned into a "what if" scenario.

wrudhman

I traded my stock 06 Civic Si for a 12 GTI in February. The German car is just so much more refined, much better electronics, and even the 6 speed manual in the GTI is just as good as the famed Honda shifter, albiet with a bit longer clutch travel. I just hope the VW reliability is as good.

Rackness

I tell you Wut broseph, you spend $600 on a used salvage title smart car drop like 100k on that bitch and it be like wooooooooooooooooooo! Fuck VW and Honda. Oh and put a nice interior in there so we are comparing apples to apples na mean!

BlownFa5

Banned
Met some guy at a gas station today with a APR stage 2 GTI. He was asking me what I had done to my car. I told him just some bolt ons (wasn't lying technically). He said he wanted to run, so I obliged. Let's just say he wasn't thrilled at the train lengths that were put on him.