GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What transmission and how old are you?

RABBIT FUR

Ready to race!
40 & Manual . I Have driven the DSG and liked it but still rocken oldscool stick because i can.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Only 64, orthopedic doctor prescribed my DSG.

I've driven manuals for 48 years. I was sad to be told get thee an automatic. Very glad I ended up in a GTI with a DSG. What an amazing box of cogs it is. No regrets at all. :D

I'll still drive my manual Miata since it is only a weekend toy. Oh yes one more thing, my right leg still works.;)

Logically, you wouldn't. Right leg issues would mean a hand throttle which wouldn't work with a manual. Working a throttle is also a lot easier on the leg muscles than working a clutch (but it requires a finer touch). It's a different range of motion. Why would that be something you even thought about though? Just a cynic? :iono:

A good friend of mine suffered a stroke that left him quite disabled on his right side. A hand throttle was not an option, but a left sided gas peddle was. He happily fly's around in his automatic MINI Copper S. Where there is a will there is often a way.:w00t:

Last edited:

jnj2455

Ready to race!
Shared a new first car with my parents that was Nissan CVT with the 3.5VQ V6. Was 17.

21, bought the GTI with a manual cuz I didn't want my mom to drive my car LOL.
24 now.

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
38 manual. Can't ever imagine driving an automatic. I live in SF Bay Area with traffic and "hills" like these ...