GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brakes still suck

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion
I changed out my brake lines to SS lines, changed the pads to StopTech pads, changed the fluid to ATE blue, and changed the brake setting via VAGCOM to 'setting 2' and my brakes are still crappy IMO. I was hoping to retain stock brakes for weight saving purposes, but I don't think that'll be an option anymore. What are some cheaper BK kits? Just the Golf R/R32 brake kit? Thanks in advance.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Porsche Boxster 4pot - I'm looking into this.

SRT2GTI

Banned
Are you still running stock all seasons? You might want to upgrade to a larger rotor and/or better tires.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
i think tires like said above, otherwise, I dont get why you wouldn't have both a difference in feel and performance, based on what you've done. I'm kinda baffled by that.

BBK - R32 fronts, stoptech, brembo, or the used AP Racing kit for sale currently.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
I'm debating on StopTech Drilled rotors and Street Performance Pads.

They're only about $100 more than OEM stuff, which is gonna need replacing soon.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
why drilled? do slotted.

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion

I'll have to look into this as well. Thanks.

Are you still running stock all seasons? You might want to upgrade to a larger rotor and/or better tires.

Nope. I have Enkei Raijin's which are 20lbs and hankook v12's all around. It made a difference, but I want more stopping power. The brakes still seem to fade quickly.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
why drilled? do slotted.

So you can get:

Slotted
Drilled
Slotted/Drilled
Slotted/Dimpled

You think just slotted? Do the other options not add much benefit other than looks? Just wondering as I haven't dug into this much yet.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
I was hoping to retain stock brakes for weight saving purposes, but I don't think that'll be an option anymore. What are some cheaper BK kits? Just the Golf R/R32 brake kit? Thanks in advance.

Weight savings?? LOL...The stock calipers are boat anchors, and the R32's with slightly bigger rotors are worse.

Most affordable plan for sure..Plenty of Whoa power, and excellent feel on stock rotors.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
most say blanks or slotted are best, as the general thought is that drilled can crack easier in high heat situations. If the car will never be tracked, drilled is fine.

SRT2GTI

Banned
So you can get:

Slotted
Drilled
Slotted/Drilled
Slotted/Dimpled

You think just slotted? Do the other options not add much benefit other than looks? Just wondering as I haven't dug into this much yet.

Just slotted. They're better all around.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I have had drilled rotors crack on me... they "look" great, but not sure about function. There is an endless debate about this.