GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What about this deal?

Hey all, n00b here. What do ppl think of this deal?

2012 4DR GTI 2.0T W/CONV & SR 6-SPD DSG AUTO

I have an offer for $26,650, 0.9% 60-month financing. I'd need to pull the trigger by the end of the month.

Niebeendend

Ready to race!
If you look at the thread below this one, the guy got the same car MT for 23 and change. I'm not sure how that is possible to be honest, but it's a data point.

Have you shopped that number around to multiple dealers over email or the phone? I imagine there's a few hundred more to be saved. Especially considering its the end of the month.

If you dont mind, which MA dealer are you working with? I'm in MA and will be purchasing next month.

I'm working with someone at Colonial in Medford, MA. I collected a bunch of quotes this week and Colonial beat the best one I received by $100. I'm going to go in tomorrow--might be able to shave some off in person.

I saw the thread about the 23k with manual. Crazy. I told one dealer I had an offer for less than 25000 (I do not) and he was shocked and thought it was an error.

Niebeendend

Ready to race!
Yeah, definitely crazy.

Did you check Quirk, Balise, and Scott VW? They all seem to be pretty high volume dealers and might be able to beat the pricing.

Also, my sales guy at VW of Norwood forwarded me an email from their sales manager. They might be willing to negotiate:

Gentlemen,

Right now we are on track to be the NUMBER 1 Volkswagen dealer in New England for April!!! Great job thus far but we still have some vehicles to move. Please reach out to all of your current clients who are still in the market…

With additional incentives from Volkswagen, I WILL NOT REFUSE ANY REASONABLE DEAL in addition I will BEAT ANY LEGITIMATE DEAL from one of our competitors. We need a very strong close this month, and I promise my pricing will most definitely reflect that. If you have any customers close to making a decision, there timing is perfect!!

I appreciate all your hard work.

Corey

PS: Attached is the current advertisement we have running.

COREY S. ROBERTSON I Sales Manager I crobertson@gallerygroup.com
Volkswagen Gallery I 1280 Providence Hwy I Norwood, MA 02062
phone 781-762-6820 I direct 781-278-1462 I fax 781-769-9298

kork13

Yea, $26,650 is perfectly reasonable. Invoice for that model is $26,857 -- any deal at/below invoice is generally a good one. And 0.9% financing, if you can really get it, is a pretty sweet deal.

For reference, DSG is about a $1,000 premium over the manual. So as for this $23k+ 6MT, no idea who he had to blackmail for that... That's more reasonable for a base model.

ek19

Based on that I'd shoot for a 25.5 as a good /fair deal. Don't do it if not 1000 below invoice. Maybe the market in the east coast is entirely different. If in calif you'd be paying too much otherwise. I'd call 5 local dealers you haven't called (internet departments) and say xxx is exactly what I want. If it's not under 26k it's not going to be good enough. I'd be surprised if somebody won't get under 26k My 2 cents... I'm sure you can do better than quoted already

Thanks for the comments, all. I'm going to hold off. Went into the dealer's and things got too high-pressured for me--raised voices, multiple salespeople. I had a lower quote from another dealer (26500) that they would not match, and would not longer give me the 26650 that they quoted me yesterday because that unit was sold. In the end it was 27000 with a mat kit that was installed in the color I wanted. Too much.

I don't need a car right now, so I'm going to wait a month or two and consider used ones too. This was my first real car dealership experience--no wonder so many people hate it.

When do the 2013 models come out? Think I might be able to get a better deal when they are trying to offload the 2012 inventory? Maybe there will be better financing out there too.

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
I'm working with someone at Colonial in Medford, MA. I collected a bunch of quotes this week and Colonial beat the best one I received by $100. I'm going to go in tomorrow--might be able to shave some off in person.

I saw the thread about the 23k with manual. Crazy. I told one dealer I had an offer for less than 25000 (I do not) and he was shocked and thought it was an error.
I got my 2012 4-door CSG DSG with nav/sunroof package for 27.5 flat. Talk about crazy. Dealerships I went to were like "you're lying. We can't even come close to matching that."

johnnyveelish

Go Kart Champion
It's a DSG, so i think $26,650 is reasonable. $26,650 OTD, i don't think so, that would be like $24,300 give or take (sales tax) for purchase price.

DummyBear

Ready to race!
edmunds invoice price is $25,801. So u r paying about 850$ above invoice price. Start Negotiate them from 25300. If you can get:

300$-500$ below invoice = Excellent
at invoice price= Great/Excellent
300$ -400$ over invoice = good

dont let their .9% fool you and settle on a higher price because on that. You will nvr know what interest rate you are going to get until you are in the finance manger office and then he will tell you its not their fault that you didnt get the .9%. you will get whatever rate ur credit score qualifies you regardless of what the sales person say.

just my 2 cents.