GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Insults to your GTI

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
haha same. still get daily rude comments from my boss about my car. it is begining to not bother me as much.

ervin_mk6

Ready to race!
Moved from e92 coupe.. Now my friends call it "that little girlie car... It's cute.." Smh.

I just tell em' "wait and see.. You guys are gon get so wet when I'm don't with it!

I say the same thing to the guys at work all the time.
"Wait til you see my GTI all hooked up."

- Red

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
Everyone who's seen the plaid seats love them. I get lots of compliments on my rims (2013 Laguna's) and people flat out love my car. Only negative was my boss saying, "Hey nice chick car." They just don't know...

Plus, my car I sold in order to get this...2005 Pontiac GTO with the LS2. Stock over 400 horses. It's not always about the shear power/muscle...although I am still a fan of V8's...but I have way more fun driving this refined piece of work!! (and get about 12 mpg more...)

barnes93cb

Go Kart Champion
Got alot of love out of the plaid. Many "You fancy huh?" comments. Along with when I posted some picture to facebook many sweet car comments.
Only bad comment was a friend who knows about cars. Messed with me and called it cute. And the uncle with a dodge pickup pushing 32psi saying he could take me. Which he probably can. So I challenged him to a windy road race. ;)

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Everyone who's seen the plaid seats love them. I get lots of compliments on my rims (2013 Laguna's) and people flat out love my car. Only negative was my boss saying, "Hey nice chick car." They just don't know...

Plus, my car I sold in order to get this...2005 Pontiac GTO with the LS2. Stock over 400 horses. It's not always about the shear power/muscle...although I am still a fan of V8's...but I have way more fun driving this refined piece of work!! (and get about 12 mpg more...)

I have a 71 Chevy nova and I love my V8. But my MK6 drives like a dream compared to my classic.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i don't really get insults but coworkers always joke about how this 3.5 altima would breeze by me. basically one of them bought it new and apparently over the past few years it has been passed around now on the 3rd owner. It always gets sold for the same reason (poor mpg) and bought for the same reason (racecar). The most recent convo went like this

Coworker (current owner): "I'll race ya. I know you think you're car is fast but there's just no replacement for displacement."
Me: "Yeah that's fine whenever you're ready let me know."
Coworker (original owner): "ok well if you do race him, just don't do it from a dig. that v6 will surprise ya."
Me: "oh i thought it was fwd"
Coworker (original owner): "it is. but it's a v6."

It's a 6-Speed and at least it's not the 2.5 but at this point i just want to do it to shut them up. But they're like 60+ years old and it just feels weird calling them out.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
My brother in law always called my car "the hamster car"...until I took him on a spirited drive. Now he is trying to get his friends to race me.

miami90

Ready to race!
Brother in law calls my stock MK6 GTI a "riced out" car that's built in China and Mexico.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Brother in law calls my stock MK6 GTI a "riced out" car that's built in China and Mexico.

Obviously know nothing about the vehicle. So don't take it as an insult.

Guys at work call my GTi, "The Beetle", and that they didnt realize a chip was available for such.

Just goes to show how little people know about cars and yet still try to talk as if they know a lot. How ignorant of them.

OmegaAbyss

I've had nothing but positive comments about my GTI. I've had a number of people come up to me and tell me how they remembered when the original GTI came out back in the 80s...alot of great stories! Everyone that has ridden in my car loved the plaid. A number of "cute car" comments by teh wimmenz. I love my car:D

steemax

Go Kart Champion
The only form of insult I've received was underestimating my car. People think the bigger the engine and numbers is everything until they get smashed by 1\6th of their engine lol.

ervin_mk6

Ready to race!
My co-worker thought his Honda Accord V6 would take my "half of a car" easily. The GTI took care of business.