GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Insults to your GTI

Mcflurvin

Ready to race!
Two of my bestfriends always say, you could have gotten a mustang for that money, it has 310 hp itll smoke your mini minivan, or they say why would you ever get a wrong wheel drive car or your car looks like an egg, or (I have a 4door) why would you get a 4door it just looks dumb and your stock turbo is the size of my fist(335i driver)

My arguments are that 1) im stage 2 and we raced and I beat his 2013 mustanh by like 1 car length
2)theyve never driven my car let alone a fwd car so they dont know the joy, ya ill admit rwd and awd are fun but having driven all three I enjoy fwd for daily driving the most
3) I say theyll complain if I got a 2 door what differences does it make 4 door is just easier
4) so what both of your turbos are the size of my nuts

But I do get compliments especially on how spacious a car this small is, how tjey didn't expect that surge of power from something this small and cute and stuff like that

The ignorance of some people

Sent from my potato

McQueen77

Banned
I have never once had anyone say to me "you should have gotten a Mustang".

who are these people anyway?

boosted27

Go Kart Champion

X2

But at the same time, i dont hang with Mustang owners.

Most of my friends drive EURO, know one really insults.

I did come from a Yukon Denali, so my parents were alittle taken back lol

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI

People here die for V8s...anything with a V8 = fast

Even a huge SUV or an older mustang...it's V8...it's fast.

"Only 4 cylinder car that is any powerful is the Evo and then the Subaru"

"An I4 car never hang with ANY V8 unless it's a heavily tuned Evo."

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
ah yess the "why don't you get a mustang", i had a lot of them ask me the same thing, and every a mustang driver at my campus when they see my or other gtis, they showoff, when they got them by their rich parents...and i just sit back and laugh

Clarkson

Ready to race!
"You can't fit much junk in your trunk"... Followed quickly with "but it's cute"...:mad0259:

dcarony

Ready to race!
This hurts my soul just reading that.
someone walked up to me and my car and said " nice volvo" at a car show on base.....
Jesus wtf
i don't really get insults but coworkers always joke about how this 3.5 altima would breeze by me. basically one of them bought it new and apparently over the past few years it has been passed around now on the 3rd owner. It always gets sold for the same reason (poor mpg) and bought for the same reason (racecar). The most recent convo went like this

Coworker (current owner): "I'll race ya. I know you think you're car is fast but there's just no replacement for displacement."
Me: "Yeah that's fine whenever you're ready let me know."
Coworker (original owner): "ok well if you do race him, just don't do it from a dig. that v6 will surprise ya."
Me: "oh i thought it was fwd"
Coworker (original owner): "it is. but it's a v6."

It's a 6-Speed and at least it's not the 2.5 but at this point i just want to do it to shut them up. But they're like 60+ years old and it just feels weird calling them out.
I always tell old people that diss me that they're probably gonna die soon, and to enjoy what they have left.
Guys at work call my GTi, "The Beetle", and that they didnt realize a chip was available for such.
Brother in law calls my stock MK6 GTI a "riced out" car that's built in China and Mexico.
Ever notice that the people that talk the most know the least?

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i got my first compliment from a coworker though. off the highway i ended up behind him and followed him into the work parking lots. he started asking me how new my car was and how i got the headlights to look like that. after some discussion we got to looking for xenon replacements for his 328 but he saw the prices and said f that lol.

Muellebs

Ready to race!
Posted a pic of my car on fb when I picked it up, and this was one of the first posts from an older friend. "Omg, is that the new fiat?"

I sent my brother a picture of mine when I got it home and he asked if it was an R. :iono:

Drew113

Ready to race!
haha no insults yet to my car....however my old buddies from when i had a G35 all make fun of me for getting a FWD car