GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RB under wraps

blueste

Ready to race!
Trying to talk the wife into staking claim to this one...if not already taken. My sales skills appear to be lacking. :) Her response, "Ummm......No!"

Attachments

• R.jpg
    R.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 225

chris101

Ready to race!
lol.. if my husband tried to tell me I couldn't have bought my new R, I would have just laughed at him. Maybe if I relied on his income it would have been different but that is simply not the case.

blueste

Ready to race!
lol.. if my husband tried to tell me I couldn't have bought my new R, I would have just laughed at him. Maybe if I relied on his income it would have been different but that is simply not the case.

:23:

Now, now I don't want to be too selfish! When I was single...different story. However, a $36k + decision now effects retirement fund, college fund for the kid(s), that new kitchen we want, etc. I guess we're "old school" where both our incomes go in one pot.

Although, I did mention to my wife if we don't have a second kid, I'm buying an M3. Then somewhere along the way the R caught my eye. Decisions, decisions. :)

Last edited:

blueste

Ready to race!
I showed my father-in-law the Rising Blue R today. He said, "that's a girl's color." Arggh!
(No disrespect to you )

Dayv

Ready to race!
I showed my father-in-law the Rising Blue R today. He said, "that's a girl's color." Arggh!
(No disrespect to you )

ibid is a girl, but I'm not, and I *love* my Rising Blue R. I wouldn't have had any other color.

blueste

Ready to race!
ibid is a girl, but I'm not, and I *love* my Rising Blue R. I wouldn't have had any other color.

Yep, I know she is. Good to hear, Dayv, I'm with you. I think RB is awesome. My in law is in his early 60s and he did admit he's more of a traditionalist when it comes to car colors. That's why I like the RB,, it has character! ...and I love the contrast with the black R trim.

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
I LOVE rising blue. One of my favorite blues, along with Subaru's WR Blue Pearl :D

dc5rn

Passed Driver's Ed
Withhold sex from her until she caves. Works every time.

i need to try this... so since i got my new R my wife things she deserves a new ring.. how do i get away with that?

well what i did was i just bought that car and ill deal with my wife at a later time.. that whole saying about asking for forgiveness rather then permission right?

actually my wife took it well... i told her it was just like our mk5 r32 which she loved... so i lucked out...

goodluck man... maybe a nice dinner a movie might work? flowers?

blueste

Ready to race!
i need to try this... so since i got my new R my wife things she deserves a new ring.. how do i get away with that?

well what i did was i just bought that car and ill deal with my wife at a later time.. that whole saying about asking for forgiveness rather then permission right?

actually my wife took it well... i told her it was just like our mk5 r32 which she loved... so i lucked out...

goodluck man... maybe a nice dinner a movie might work? flowers?

I think she's on board with me getting a sporty car, she's just not hot on the R. I could probably slide a new 328I in the garage, maybe even a used M3. For some reason, I'm drawn to that R. Could be'cause I've had a 325I in the past, or just because it's something different for me. I like to mix it up sometime.

Thanks for the encouraging words!:D

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Could be worse. You could be 5 months into your GTI and considering taking the hit for an R and breaking THAT to your lady after battling it out with her just to get the GTI!

Argh! My S4 friend tried to tell me it isn't enough to justify cost. Must..... listen.... MUST!!!

Wear her down! took me a month but it worked! Justify justify justify!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

blueste

Ready to race!
Could be worse. You could be 5 months into your GTI and considering taking the hit for an R and breaking THAT to your lady after battling it out with her just to get the GTI!

Argh! My S4 friend tried to tell me it isn't enough to justify cost. Must..... listen.... MUST!!!

Wear her down! took me a month but it worked! Justify justify justify!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, good luck with that one!

Funny you say that because she gets pissed at me when I want something big. Her words, "you're just going to wear me down until I say yes." I'm very persistent. :)