GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 2+ kit installed! Some thoughts...

9V7W3

Ready to race!
and no pics of said stage 2+ R? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Here they "R"....I know, bad pun :lol: give me a break it's 3AM and just got off a 14 hour shift at work!!

Anyway, nothing you all haven't seen before.. The only current cosmetic mods I have are 25% 3M on all windows and windshield strip, tinted tails, rear reflectors, and side markers. And of course, all the APR goodies.. I'll toss up a pic of the VWR intake once my TTS engine cover comes in :). Also if anyone's interested I was thinking of making a short video to hear what the intake/DV/exhaust sound like with this setup...

9V7W3

Ready to race!
Nice pics. I would love to see/hear the video!

Thanks! I'll try to make one over the weekend, just too busy at work this week.

On a side note, it's really amazing how much attention this car gets. I stopped to get a sandwich on the way home and pulled into a parking lot full of 2010-2012 cars, all of which were heavily modified (I found out later), yet everyone seemed to forget all about their own rides and gathered around my car and all shook my hand, staring at the R like it was a gold brick on wheels.. Makes me feel even more so that I made the best decision I could have choosing this car. Not to mention, I've owned 12 sports cars.. This might not quite be the most powerful one ive had (on paper), but is by FAR the most fun car to drive that I've ever experienced. Being stage 2 definitely kicked that fun level up a few notches, but I'm just so amazed at how such a small car can feel so solid and perform so well with an AWD system that you can't even tell is there, and still have the power to do some serious damage on the track...

Well, that all right there is the reason why I don't feel any regret about spending 40K on this thing.
:D

tamz273

Ready to race!
I know exactly what you mean.. I drive about 2 hours a day to/from work, and then some city driving on the weekend, and its safe to say that at least 5 days a week I get a thumbs up from other drivers.. Some driving 911s and RS4s.. Its really amazing how much respect the car has on the street

9V7W3

Ready to race!
I know exactly what you mean.. I drive about 2 hours a day to/from work, and then some city driving on the weekend, and its safe to say that at least 5 days a week I get a thumbs up from other drivers.. Some driving 911s and RS4s.. Its really amazing how much respect the car has on the street

Yep, same stuff here.. I'm in manhattan about 50% of the time for work, and I get the same attention.

The only thing thats starting to annoy me a little bit are all these "guys" in their Mazda 3's that slapped on the loudest BOV they could find holding at 3K when they pull up next to me at a stoplight.. Maybe it's just my area..

9V7W3

Ready to race!
On a side note.. I'm trying to find a good engine cover to fit with the VWR intake without having to cut it... I've heard an Audi TTS cover fits perfectly.. Would this kit work, and would I need different hardware with what it comes with?

http://www.bks-tuning.com/epages/17141421.mobile/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/17141421/Products/AUTTE034

Someone also posted these part numbers for hardware also.. I was going to try and order them just in case..

06E 103 164

WHT 000 731A

Has anyone else used this cover on their R?

9V7W3

Ready to race!
On a side note.. I'm trying to find a good engine cover to fit with the VWR intake without having to cut it... I've heard an Audi TTS cover fits perfectly.. Would this kit work, and would I need different hardware with what it comes with?

http://www.bks-tuning.com/epages/17141421.mobile/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/17141421/Products/AUTTE034

Someone also posted these part numbers for hardware also.. I was going to try and order them just in case..

06E 103 164

WHT 000 731A

Has anyone else used this cover on their R?

Any thoughts anyone? Also, I've been hearing I should get a catch can.. Seems worth it if it actually works.. What do you think?

Blazn5

Ready to race!
Throw some LED Tails on that bad boy!

9V7W3

Ready to race!
Throw some LED Tails on that bad boy!

I plan on it.. After I let my bank account recharge from the stage 2 upgrade I'm going to probably go with a TTS engine cover, RS4 FV, catch can, and some rims first, then the tail/euroswitch combo..

tamz273

Ready to race!
No comments on the cover, but I put in my BFI Clean Catch yesterday.. I needed one after seeign all the oil in my intercooler hoses when I upgraded my intercooler this past weekend.. It was crazy.. residue on EVERY hose..

Let see if this catch can does its job well :)

9V7W3

Ready to race!
No comments on the cover, but I put in my BFI Clean Catch yesterday.. I needed one after seeign all the oil in my intercooler hoses when I upgraded my intercooler this past weekend.. It was crazy.. residue on EVERY hose..

Let see if this catch can does its job well :)

Damn, I hope someone does!! I don't have my heart set on the TTS cover but I want something sleek that fits with the VWR intake that looks somewhat OEM as far as figment goes, but I'm open to suggestions. Carbon fiber would be fine!

I was JUST looking at that can, I might order it right now :D