GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WHERE ARE YOU GETTING YOUR AFTERMARKET PARTS?

JhnR

Banned
wat?

What you mean GIAC does not have their software out yet? For Stage 2/+?

not the one he wants. maybe he wants something custom to his mods. hes adding water/meth so maybe he wants a more aggressive tune.

Retro1

Ready to race!
not the one he wants. maybe he wants something custom to his mods. hes adding water/meth so maybe he wants a more aggressive tune.

Weird. GIAC likes using water-meth with their 100 octane file and has seen nothing but good results.

If he wants something aggressive he should be waiting for the Extreme file to come to the states.

ThatJohnGuy

pppffftttt
GIAC only has their reserved stage 1 tune right now. There is no stage 2 or 2 plus yet, but from what the walls says it is coming soon. Junior, the controller is going to handle the crazy custom stuff... Haldex I think it is called.

ThatJohnGuy

pppffftttt

Water meth kit will be on before I get down there Wednesday hopefully Jr. If not, we are having an install GtG cruise while I am down there!:word:

ThatJohnGuy

pppffftttt
Well if they created a thread YESTERDAY then they did NOT search the forum because this thread has been up for at least a week.

ThatJohnGuy

pppffftttt
Whichever you want sweetheart ;-) I don't know about you, but it really doesn't take me THAT long to get in a loop... Today..... I'm a TROLL

I don't EVER remember saying or even IMPLYING I had inside info on anything.. are you misinformed or just jealous?

ThatJohnGuy

pppffftttt
I am aware of that that's why we're in the Golf R forum <_<

And I don't see the connection between what I said and what led you to say that you don't drive a GTI.

Just generalizing..

1) You drive a GTi.
2) Not sure if you are familiar with the differences in the ECU between the two
3) GIAC has a 91 oct file for the R right now, that's it. Their file I want is still in testing so I went with APR for now.
4) Does there need to be a connection? Not being mean, I am just pointing out a general overlook. You could be more nooB than I am, I don't know you. So I was just making sure we were on the same page.

On another note... have you seen the new PODI Boost gauge??

Retro1

Ready to race!
Just generalizing..

1) You drive a GTi.
2) Not sure if you are familiar with the differences in the ECU between the two
3) GIAC has a 91 oct file for the R right now, that's it. Their file I want is still in testing so I went with APR for now.
4) Does there need to be a connection? Not being mean, I am just pointing out a general overlook. You could be more nooB than I am, I don't know you. So I was just making sure we were on the same page.

On another note... have you seen the new PODI Boost gauge??

1) Yeah
2) Definitely know the differences. But the ECU had nothing to do with what we were discussing. The ECU has been done in the past with the MKV FSI's but this the R is just a new/different platform in the United States which is why we don't see GIAC's Stage 2 stuff.
3) Cool
4) Trust me, we're on the same page. :p

For the boost gauge.. care to share?

ThatJohnGuy

pppffftttt
1) Yeah
2) Definitely know the differences. But the ECU had nothing to do with what we were discussing. The ECU has been done in the past with the MKV FSI's but this the R is just a new/different platform in the United States which is why we don't see GIAC's Stage 2 stuff.
3) Cool
4) Trust me, we're on the same page. :p

For the boost gauge.. care to share?

Yeah it surprised me when APR said they can only put ONE file on.. not even stock. ha ha The GIAC Stg 2 and 2+ IS coming. ha ha ha ha sweet man. Yeah I don't have pictures yet, but it is the revamped color matched gauge. I have it ordered, just waiting on shipping.

I did however just get my; Throttle body pipe, Engine mounts, Transmission and pendulum mounts, and my boost tap (For when the gauge gets here)

Retro1

Ready to race!
Yeah it surprised me when APR said they can only put ONE file on.. not even stock. ha ha The GIAC Stg 2 and 2+ IS coming. ha ha ha ha sweet man. Yeah I don't have pictures yet, but it is the revamped color matched gauge. I have it ordered, just waiting on shipping.

I did however just get my; Throttle body pipe, Engine mounts, Transmission and pendulum mounts, and my boost tap (For when the gauge gets here)

Getting ready for more power I see :)

I still need to ride in an R.. I've sat in one and it's super nice but never felt tha powaaa