GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Phur

Autocross Champion
Dude! Grab an Atlas F that!!!

I was going to say SQ5 but I think I prefer the look of the Atlas. And it looks like you can get a VR6! That should please a lot of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DELETE

Autocross Champion
I was going to say SQ5 but I think I prefer the look of the Atlas. And it looks like you can get a VR6! That should please a lot of people.

By all means an SQ5 wouldn’t be all that bad lol

Phur

Autocross Champion
installed 10/15mm spacers. Ride feels the same. So far so good.

How much did that set you back? I’ve toyed around with the idea, but I’ve thought about a mild drop as well. I’m not sure that they would play nice.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
How much did that set you back? I’ve toyed around with the idea, but I’ve thought about a mild drop as well. I’m not sure that they would play nice.

what kind of mild drop? I have DG springs and these don't look like they are anywhere near close to rubbing. They look pretty good. Its getting dark and its raining but I can get some up close pics and post them tomorrow.

I got these: https://www.moddedeuros.com/product...Y19KpJnr4zS5GpCGstSaQt72ebLoKysEaAsbKEALw_wcB

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Congratulations Swift! I have to ask myself though... more practical or just less efficient? [emoji848]
Haha true. A full-size SUV or minivan is more than we need, but the wife has spoken. Happy wife, happy life I guess :)
You reminded me though, I just turned over 55,000 a couple of days ago.

Welcome to the 55k mile club!

Dude! Grab an Atlas F that!!!

Yep considering an Atlas, Pilot, CX-9, and some minivans. Or maybe an Explorer with factory CO child suppression system. :D

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Haha true. A full-size SUV or minivan is more than we need, but the wife has spoken. Happy wife, happy life I guess :)

Welcome to the 55k mile club!

Yep considering an Atlas, Pilot, CX-9, and some minivans. Or maybe an Explorer with factory CO child suppression system. :D

Get the explorer. My friend has a pilot. Eh

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
I just ran a compression test with 98K+ miles on the odo and with most of the engines life being run on stage 2.

CYL #1 200psi
CYL #2 190psi
CYL #3 190psi
CYL #4 190psi

Going K04.....:happyanim:

Trytun

Go Kart Champion

I got a set of OEM LED tails, looks great with my recent Neuspeed catback.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
^ looks good. just looked at prices online. Lot cheaper then I thought. Curious if anyone whose had these for a few months has any reviews

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
Dropped her off at the shop today for the hard shifting problem that developed the other day.

During my drive home from work, it suddenly became difficult to shift into gear. The lower the gear, the harder I'd have to push. Reverse was almost impossible. Higher gears were easier, but it still felt clunky.

I was hopeful all I had to do was readjust the shift cables, but there's only a problem when the engine's running- when it's off, it shifts just fine, so that can't be it. I don't think it's a bad slave cylinder, since there are no indications of a brake fluid leak. I read online where several others had the same symptoms, and most with the same diagnosis. Apparently, the pressure plate is a somewhat-common point of failure, where springs break, and it keeps the clutch disc from fully disengaging from the flywheel. My money's on that, but I guess we'll see when they call me back tomorrow.

Out of allllllll the common issues I've researched afflicting the Mk6, that's one I never saw, and that's the first one that really bit me :rolleyes: