GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replacement Rotors

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
Those "brembos" are just cheap Chinese made blanks.

Had a set for my old car. No coating, poor vent design, and they warped the 3rd week.

OEM Rotors are like $67.50 from Keffer, and they are good!

DarkCloak

Banned
Those "brembos" are just cheap Chinese made blanks.

Had a set for my old car. No coating, poor vent design, and they warped the 3rd week.

OEM Rotors are like $67.50 from Keffer, and they are good!

They are Brembo. I do not see why you put quotes around the "brembos" as if they are knock offs. Brembo makes their rotors in China for the same reason most people make Iron products. China is the Iron capital of the world.Always has been always will be, why transport heavy iron more than once?

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
They are Brembo. I do not see why you put quotes around the "brembos" as if they are knock offs. Brembo makes their rotors in China for the same reason most people make Iron products. China is the Iron capital of the world.Always has been always will be, why transport heavy iron more than once?

They are nothing when compared to their coated BBK rotors and such. I promise you they outsource them because there is only so much margin in a rotor.

OEM's outsource all the time to their specs, why wouldn't Brembo?

I'm just saying this from personal experience. CarQuest blanks held up better than these "Brembos". Don't look at the brand, look at the quality. OEM rotors are made by whoever bids the lowest, and they do just fine until you move up to a bigger caliper and such, plus their coated.

DarkCloak

Banned
They are nothing when compared to their coated BBK rotors and such. I promise you they outsource them because there is only so much margin in a rotor.

OEM's outsource all the time to their specs, why wouldn't Brembo?

I'm just saying this from personal experience. CarQuest blanks held up better than these "Brembos". Don't look at the brand, look at the quality. OEM rotors are made by whoever bids the lowest, and they do just fine until you move up to a bigger caliper and such, plus their coated.

They are OEM spec. Brembo makes standard OEM products not just BBKs; that is only a segment of their business. The OEM rotors are cheap standard cast iron blank rotors. That is what are on most cars and that is what these Brembos are. I am sorry they are not anodized but neither is the factory rotor. They are factory spec, which is not anodized. This is why in my first response I gave the OP a link to a set of anodized discs that will undeniably last longer. The Brembo replacement discs can also be ordered Zinc-anodized in either plain, cross-drilled, or slotted. You can consult the following link to learn more about the >30x 10^6 rotors the company produces worldwide every year:

http://www.brembo.com/en/car/original-quipment/products/Pages/Discs.aspx

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
"To support its clients and their respective global expansion strategies, Brembo has production operations in Europe, USA, Mexico, Brazil and China, all implementing standardised, integrated processes, to optimise production and logistics costs. Brembo can, therefore, offer its clients the combined advantages of a centralised product development process and localised production to maximise competitiveness and service quality for their global platforms."

http://www.brembo.com/en/car/original-equipment/products/Pages/Discs.aspx

P

plac

powerslot cyro are the same type of thing. but theyre over $100 apiece

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
All I'm saying is they were crap, and priced twice as high as a no name CarQuest rotor.

But it's ok, I was a brembo nutswinger at one time, too.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
You sir are a blithering idiot. Your ignorance is mind bogling. But don't worry I am sure you will reply with another equally uncreative statement

I'm an idiot because: I tried name brand rotors, and they warped. So I picked up a set of cheap rotors and they didn't. Okay?

Name means nothing to me. Performance does.

Judging by your signature, name means a ton to you.

I'm not saying the true Brembo BBKs are garbage, by any means. But these rotors are just a cheap blank made by the lowest bidder.

If I was buying OEM Replacement rotors, I'd just pick up OEM Rotors from Keffer for $67.50 each, they work.

Which is what the OP was asking anyway.

DarkCloak

Banned
I'm an idiot because: I tried name brand rotors, and they warped. So I picked up a set of cheap rotors and they didn't. Okay?

Name means nothing to me. Performance does.

Judging by your signature, name means a ton to you.

I'm not saying the true Brembo BBKs are garbage, by any means. But these rotors are just a cheap blank made by the lowest bidder.

If I was buying OEM Replacement rotors, I'd just pick up OEM Rotors from Keffer for $67.50 each, they work.

Which is what the OP was asking anyway.

Do you still not see that I recommended the OP get a different brand from ECS Tuning with an anodized coating in my first post? You seem to think that I am recommending him get them when obviously I recommended a completely different brand. Read my post then comeback and comment.

As for performance I am sure my car will outperform yours at any track, anytime!! So do not say that I only car about some sort of silly brand name. Other than a set of wheels and brakes you would not even be able to see 95% of my mods.