GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

GTIpowerr

Ready to race!
Normally when i unlock or lock my car it does not 'beep' or whatsoever, i own the car for 8 months now, and it never beeped whilst locking/unlocking my doors. But today when i walked to my car and unlocked it i noticed that it beeped... very strange, this never happened before. It now beeps while locking and unlocking.

Anyone knows what causes this?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Normally when i unlock or lock my car it does not 'beep' or whatsoever, i own the car for 8 months now, and it never beeped whilst locking/unlocking my doors. But today when i walked to my car and unlocked it i noticed that it beeped... very strange, this never happened before. It now beeps while locking and unlocking.

Anyone knows what causes this?

Do you have 2 different keys? You can program the car to beep/not beep on the locking with vagcom. The programming is specific to the key

GTIpowerr

Ready to race!
Do you have 2 different keys? You can program the car to beep/not beep on the locking with vagcom. The programming is specific to the key

I do, but i always have used the same key, the other one is just stored and only getting used if something happens to the main key. So i did not use another key, neither have i done something with vagcom.

At first i thought someone might have been broken in to my car, but there are no signs of robbery, i think im being paranoid lol.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I do, but i always have used the same key, the other one is just stored and only getting used if something happens to the main key. So i did not use another key, neither have i done something with vagcom.

At first i thought someone might have been broken in to my car, but there are no signs of robbery, i think im being paranoid lol.

Strange. I'd toss it up to over engineered german technology then lol

Phur

Autocross Champion
I’m not sure what could be wrong with it, but I think he’s referring to the “second drain plug” it’s kind of like a overfill drain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
running the ECS tuning upgraded ones. they made noise before, but nothing like this lol.

I'm guessing the mounts....there's been nothing but complaints about noises with those

Open the hood & push down on the fender and see if the suspension makes noise when stationary

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I'm guessing the mounts....there's been nothing but complaints about noises with those

Open the hood & push down on the fender and see if the suspension makes noise when stationary

Already tried that. No noise. Gonna check the passenger side this weekend. Make sure everything is snug. If everything is snug. Save my pennies for a dead set kit.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Already tried that. No noise. Gonna check the passenger side this weekend. Make sure everything is snug. If everything is snug. Save my pennies for a dead set kit.

I’m gonna bit that bullet just because racecar and because it’s extremely logical and can’t hurt.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I’m gonna bit that bullet just because racecar and because it’s extremely logical and can’t hurt.

Yup. Was going to one day. But zero spare cash to buy a $225 kit worth of bolts. And then spend $100+ on an alignment.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
I have one hell of a time trying to get my passenger front window to go up. There’s no issue with the speed or anything, it just seems like the anti pinch trigger is going off all the time. The automatic windows don’t work on that door and the window goes up only in small amounts at a time. I have to sit there for like 2-5 mins to get my passenger window up and that is no exaggeration. Is there a fix for this? I tried the reset thing but it didn’t do a damn thing.