GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TT-RS/Golf R master cylinder

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
My order is complete, I did have to pay full price though. I'm not sure how long the international shipping will take but it will be early December before I can start the install process. I will keep this thread updated with my status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drakore

Ready to race!
My order is complete, I did have to pay full price though. I'm not sure how long the international shipping will take but it will be early December before I can start the install process. I will keep this thread updated with my status.

I'll be eagerly awaiting your results. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

LAGP

Ready to race!
Here's a pic of the Touareg MC installed, when paired with the GTI booster the feel is greatly improved, I have Touareg 17z 4 piston calipers up front and TT RS on the back, just need to touch the pedal and it grabs like hell.

LAGP

Ready to race!
Here's a pic of the Touareg MC installed, when paired with the GTI booster the feel is greatly improved, I have Touareg 17z 4 piston calipers up front and TT RS on the back, just need to touch the pedal and it grabs like hell.
Pic uploadfromtaptalk1478295461838.jpg

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion

That's how I want my brakes to feel. I'm betting I won't get that with the touareg booster but without seeing everything in person I'm not sure how I feel about making the types of mods you made just yet. I'm sure it's all safe or you wouldn't have done it but I m also kind of hopeful that the RHD version could work without those changes. Unlikely though I'm sure.

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
My components have shipped. ETA from Lithuania is 11/30

If you are truly getting rid of the TTRS MC I can take it off your hands, especially if it comes with the reservoir installed

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
If you are truly getting rid of the TTRS MC I can take it off your hands, especially if it comes with the reservoir installed

Someone beat you to it :-( but anything could happen by December when I attempt the swap. I will keep everyone aware of progress.

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
Someone beat you to it :-( but anything could happen by December when I attempt the swap. I will keep everyone aware of progress.

Dang. Here's hoping they don't want it

jshay

Go Kart Champion
I'm pretty close to just buying one from the dealership lol. MC and booster together.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
I've been looking all over for another on eBay but no luck. I should have played the lottery the day I bought mine. I did chat with the local Audi parts guy and he did confirm for me that both the TT-S and the TT-RS are the 25mm MC for anyone that is still concerned or looking. It also appears that the A & C revisions of the part number I installed are the same size the D revision is the 23mm like is stock on the GTI.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Wait so both the TTS and TTRS are the same? Hmm

That's what the Audi parts counter told me. I thought I found one on eBay but they didn't record the revision # so I got the VIN and had them tell me what was on it.

He did also say that the small one only came on 4cylinders, and the big one is on v6... I thought that the S is a 4cylinder and the RS is a 5cylinder though. So unless he was speaking specifically to the 09 model year and back then they used v6 for non base models he may not have had it all together. I'll document all the 25mm part #s from theTT and post them here though.

USA Spec TT part #s for 25.4mm MC
TTRS: 8J1611021E Left Hand Drive
TTRS: 8J1611021F Right Hand Drive (not sure why this is listed in US spec parts)

TTS
8J1611021E
8J1611021A
8J1611021C

8J2611021D
8J2611021A

Last edited: