GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vw to porsche boxter brake upgrade parts list & future DIY

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
So this will fit a 17' just fine. I'm assume i'll be more then fine with a et35. Definately doing this after winter!

drewmtb1

Ready to race!
I would go with the rockauto part but it is pictured without crossover tubes. In theory the rockauto part is mostly ready to go but the tubes aren't cheap.

I got mine on ebay for $120 each. Replacing the seals is costing me another $60. If the tubes come out with out any problems then that is it for me. I am spending a decent amount of time though cleaning and breaking them down.

Drew

GoLfUnV

Ready to race!
Exactly....The pistons have staggered sizes....A Boxster caliper mounts behind the axle... Imagine rotating it around the rotor to the forward position (VW) to maintain the staggered clamping on the rotor....Your bleed nipples are now down and the crossover tube on top hence the need to swap things around.

Could you not swap left and right sides to do this? I am not saying you are wrong, just wondering if that would work.

Also what is the difference between '99-'04 calipers and those on the older models?

Last edited:

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Could you not swap left and right sides to do this? I am not saying you are wrong, just wondering if that would work.

Also what is the difference between '99-'04 calipers and those on the older models?

You can as they will physically fit just fine, BUT....Do a little visualization here...The Piston stagger will be wrong.. I did this for awhile until I learned (figured out) the stagger thing...

Dunno on earlier fitment. There seem to be plenty of Boxster (non S) calipers out there, so it's an easy choice.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Uh, the mkv/mkvi isn't on the application chart. Have you used these?

These are definitely MK4 and Audi TT MK1 parts. I have many friends that have used them, but won't fit the new MK5 and 6 chassis.

drewmtb1

Ready to race!
I just spent an hour and a half degreasing and breaking down my calipers. Starting to think the refurb calipers are a better idea. Still need to media blast them.

Calipers 240 for the pair
New seals about $60
35 for paint
10 in misc to clean them.

Between the time to clean and the cost I think the returbs are pretty close. Still I like doing this kind of stuff so it is worth it to me. Just figured I would post my experience for others.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I just spent an hour and a half degreasing and breaking down my calipers. Starting to think the refurb calipers are a better idea. Still need to media blast them.

Calipers 240 for the pair
New seals about $60
35 for paint
10 in misc to clean them.

Between the time to clean and the cost I think the returbs are pretty close. Still I like doing this kind of stuff so it is worth it to me. Just figured I would post my experience for others.

Anything the ones you bought (caliepers) i'm assuming on ebay come with that the ones from cardone (rebuilt calipers)come with?

drewmtb1

Ready to race!
Anything the ones you bought (caliepers) i'm assuming on ebay come with that the ones from cardone (rebuilt calipers)come with?

My calipers came with the caliper bolts, bleeders, crossover tubes, and the springs and pins for the pads. I bought new caliper bolts. I don't know exactly what the rebuilt calipers come with. I just know for the amount of time and money I am putting into these it might have been better to buy rebuilt ones even if you need to buy the tubes and pad hardware.