Cobb tuned 335xi N54 vs Stage 3 Eurodyne mk6

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
you're not on stock internals are you?

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
That it as far as internals go?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

are pistons really required, unless you're hitting close to that 500 mark? I believe halvie isn't on pistons, or he wasn't until recently.

Halvie Please correct me if I have misspoken.

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
are pistons really required, unless you're hitting close to that 500 mark? I believe halvie isn't on pistons, or he wasn't until recently.

Halvie Please correct me if I have misspoken.

From what I've been told our pistons are forged from factory and are fine until 500+whp. I have no worries.

And that last part made me lol Chris. Haha

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
Oddly enough the ATs tend to fair better at the strip. Unlike our DSG, their ATs can be launched in second gear and can build boost where the MT cannot. Just about all the fastest stock turbo or replacement hybrid turbos are AT, including terry@bms

I bet the transmissions loves being launched in 2nd.. wonder how long thatll last haha.

A_Bowers

From what I've been told our pistons are forged from factory and are fine until 500+whp. I have no worries.

And that last part made me lol Chris. Haha

Rods are forged too, from the technical manual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
Rods are forged too, from the technical manual.

Interesting. Has any one actually pushed the engine yet? I mean i know apr suggests internals, but has anyone pushed these cars to 370-400whp/tq on stock internals?

I mean usually you should find the breaking point of stock internals before there should be a push for aftermarket. But I should note I've only been in this scene for 8 months so I may have missed a lot if developmental stuff.

A_Bowers

Interesting. Has any one actually pushed the engine yet? I mean i know apr suggests internals, but has anyone pushed these cars to 370-400whp/tq on stock internals?

I mean usually you should find the breaking point of stock internals before there should be a push for aftermarket. But I should note I've only been in this scene for 8 months so I may have missed a lot if developmental stuff.

I think the majority of people will never reach that point where internals are needed on this motor unless they are simply going for highest numbers possible.

The stage 3 guys are doing fine as far as I know, 3+ may need to start looking in that direction.

The wonders of a factory boosted motor.

K04 and then the gt28 or lower boost EFR are all pushing max 24 psi peak, and holding right around 20 psi.....I haven't heard of a TSI going kaboom yet, running those crazy setups.

If I were to build a setup, that was going to see 400whp I would for sure build the motor.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
even stage 3+ doesn't need it. apr said they never blew a motor but suspect that you'll need rods if you run the 100 octane tune. i don't think they ever actually damaged anything. if you're just running 93 all day arin said you'll be fine.

Double's Dub

Ready to race!
Nice run op.. Tell that boy to chew gum less aggressively next time, open mouth creates unnecessary wind drag :laugh: