Bryan's 2013 CSG GTI

caffeineTX

Ready to race!
another college student that understands the struggles of modding on a budget

:w00t:

subbing

Carbon13GTI

Ready to race!
Haven't really done anything with the car in a while. Trying to figure out some things for school.

Still have my boost gauge waiting to be installed.

Next thing I'm buying is the Diesel Geek SS.

Only thing currently happening, I removed the Lamin-X covers today.

YangerD

Ready to race!
Nice car. Always respect young people who pay for everything on their own. Good on you! Why'd you take off the Lamin-X?

Carbon13GTI

Ready to race!
This thread really hasn't been updated in a long time. Nothing big has happened.
I did however, get a Billy Boat catless downpipe. Love that thing. In preparation for when I eventually go Stage 2.

Went to Eurotripper yesterday. So, I'll just leave this here.

Photo credit: Andrew Wong

Also, on a side note, I've been saving up for air. And got an awesome deal on a tank yesterday, so I picked up a polished tank. :D

Last edited:

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
I just noticed something on the pic I took, do your tips hang out further since the dp install?

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
I just noticed something on the pic I took, do your tips hang out further since the dp install?

Sure looks like they do.

Nice car bud.

Carbon13GTI

Ready to race!

It's funny I was thinking it looks weird too. But from the back it looks totally normal. So I don't think so.

Also, in regards to what you mentioned about my lights, my high beams weren't on. All my lights are always on, but the high beams are even brighter. lol

Maybe I just got an unusual car.

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
and your drls are disabled? I wonder if your h15 bulbs are turning on? The only inner lights of mine that are on are the small city light bulb, but not the high beam bulb, my lights did look different from yours when they were on yesterday?

Carbon13GTI

Ready to race!
and your drls are disabled? I wonder if your h15 bulbs are turning on? The only inner lights of mine that are on are the small city light bulb, but not the high beam bulb, my lights did look different from yours when they were on yesterday?

Yeah DRL's are off. I honestly don't remember. Perhaps the coding is different on mine than yours?

Carbon13GTI

Ready to race!
Quick thread update:

I'm getting really close to being on air. Shooting for the end of April to have my setup done and installed. Only hold up is school. School comes first for me so I just have to make sure I can afford that and then it's home free from there.

What I have so far:
Air Lift 5 Gallon Polished Tank
AVS 3/8 Water Trap
3/8 line
Accuair e-Level with Touch Pad
Viar 444c with SMC check valve
All 3/8 PTC SMC fittings
Air Lift Performance Series fronts
Air Lift Slam Series rear shocks
Air Lift Double Bellow rears

I'm going to start out running one compressor. Honestly, it scares me lol so expect me to be running a second compressor months down the road.

My trunk setup is literally the hardest thing to figure out. I hate the half hidden tank deal, so I'm gonna have my tank fully exposed. Keeping the spare. So I'm gonna go with air line throughout for now, when I figure out my tank setup in the next couple months, expect to see my trunk setup with hard lines lol

Luckily today was my birthday, so I might have a little spending spree :D
And haven't sent my taxes off yet, so there's more help. lol

Last edited:

Carbon13GTI

Ready to race!
Bags will be installed in April. Everything is ordered, should be here by next week.

Parts collection:

Tank and compressor are all setup and ready to go.

At this point the only thing I'm missing is the rear bags, rear struts and a couple of extra fittings.

Carbon13GTI

Ready to race!
So this happened today, finally...

Notch is done already, just need new wheels...

Outkasted24

Hoping to Own a GTI Soon
Lookin Good!!
Why do you need new wheels? Can you space the detroits out a little bit to sit more flush?