GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Don't EVER let your teenage kid borrow your car.

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
Hey...I've got a GoPro and I think I'll make a video to show off to my friends.............................DOH!!!!

Nice road though. I wouldn't mind driving that one. With all 4 wheels on the ground of course.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
"I bet a funny thing about driving a car off a cliff is, while you're in midair, you still hit those brakes! Hey, better try the emergency brake!" -- Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy

JhnR

Banned
a little old, still...becauseracecar mode wasn't ON

Blaylock1988

Ready to race!
It really is impressive how quickly those airbags deploy. I think it was pretty useless in this case since the car just hit one of those rocks and kept going.

Did anyone else see catch that this idiot had a passenger in the car? You can see an elbow moving the passenger side airbag after the kid gets out. Could have killed more people than himself. Damn idiot.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
when i was going to get my first new car, i wanted to get an mk4 gti (take note, im 18)
my parents didnt let me, because they know i could use the car being old, as an excuse to mod it
they wanted to get me a new car
i still wanted a GTI
after being denied a GTI by my parents and my brother, i said id settle for a TDI so i could get good mileage
TDI was too expensive
settled for a 2.5

my bro-in-law got his GTI literally 2 weeks after i got my golf

i never drove it stock, but i have driven it with his mods(intake, exhaust, tune, springs, sways)

im seriously glad i didnt get a GTI now, and i understand why my brother didnt want me getting one
he told me it would be too much power for me and i didnt believe him at first
id be doing stupid things with it all day
way too much power for me to handle

with my 2.5, i can make it sound nice.. but it aint going anywhere :lol:

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
when i was going to get my first new car, i wanted to get an mk4 gti (take note, im 18)
my parents didnt let me, because they know i could use the car being old, as an excuse to mod it
they wanted to get me a new car
i still wanted a GTI
after being denied a GTI by my parents and my brother, i said id settle for a TDI so i could get good mileage
TDI was too expensive
settled for a 2.5

my bro-in-law got his GTI literally 2 weeks after i got my golf

i never drove it stock, but i have driven it with his mods(intake, exhaust, tune, springs, sways)

im seriously glad i didnt get a GTI now, and i understand why my brother didnt want me getting one
he told me it would be too much power for me and i didnt believe him at first
id be doing stupid things with it all day
way too much power for me to handle

with my 2.5, i can make it sound nice.. but it aint going anywhere :lol:

Makes me have hope for my generation. You were forced into getting something you didn't want, but at least you can look back and see why it was a good idea. I'm almost 22 and some days...I think my GTI had too much power.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Makes me have hope for my generation. You were forced into getting something you didn't want, but at least you can look back and see why it was a good idea. I'm almost 22 and some days...I think my GTI had too much power.

Yea. You start to lose hope when you see kids my age driving sti's, evo's, s5's all pushing 500hp
But power isn't everything. You can drive stupid with a slow car.
One of the kids that was in my 1st grade class was killed last year driving an integra. Nearly stock.
I still don't know which story is true. One says he ran a red light/stop sign. The other says he was street racing.
Some of my friends drive stupidly. I refuse to get in the car with them. I tell them that I'll be DD when we go somewhere and carpool.
I seriously think I'm one of the awkward kids in my generation. All my cousins are 10 years older than me and I grew up around them. I have their mentality when it comes to many things.

Sent via a microwave.

Now... lets not get tooooo excited about having power.. these engines are cupcakes compared to m3s...

Gigi1

Passed Driver's Ed
Yea. You start to lose hope when you see kids my age driving sti's, evo's, s5's all pushing 500hp
But power isn't everything. You can drive stupid with a slow car.
One of the kids that was in my 1st grade class was killed last year driving an integra. Nearly stock.
I still don't know which story is true. One says he ran a red light/stop sign. The other says he was street racing.
Some of my friends drive stupidly. I refuse to get in the car with them. I tell them that I'll be DD when we go somewhere and carpool.
I seriously think I'm one of the awkward kids in my generation. All my cousins are 10 years older than me and I grew up around them. I have their mentality when it comes to many things.

Sent via a microwave.

You could not be more right with this post. Skills must come first, power is easy. Drive that 2.5, and love every second of it cause thats a good solid car. Ive pulled way too many guys out of ditches and back up cliffs when they ran out of talent in their all powerful AWD tuned trick rally spec whatever the hell. And dont worry too much, their were plenty of morons with fast cars around when I was younger too. Most of em are still doing the same old things, living in their grandmas garage, still got that same hotrod although a little more faded these days.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Oh I love my 2.5
It's more than I need.
It's more than anyone needs
The one thing my friends don't understand is that you don't need power to go fast
Even if you track your car. You don't need a lot of power
You hit 70..maybe 80mph max before having to slow down before the next turn on most tracks
A skilled driver with a slower car will destroy you if you have no skill... Even if you have 500hp.
In the RC community, we have a saying for new guys that come to the track. "slower is faster"
Slow and steady is quicker than fast and unsteady
I personally wanna take track lessons and learn how to really drive my car. Learn it's limits and use it to it's potential.
That's off topic though haha.
So yea.. Power with no skill is just as good as no power with no skill

Anyone can drive a powerful car in a straight line.
Not everyone can take corners at speed without crashing.

Sent via a microwave.