GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Deal or no Deal

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Called them today, and they don t want to do 28, but salesman is going to try and push again.

Is 28 a great deal for a used loaded r with this mileage? I can't find any used car data on the r's.

Thanks again guys for the help

you're missing the focus / crux here... what are they giving you for your car? you are being hosed on your car. their price is "OK".

Well, maybe not hosed - but you need to do what someone else already mentioned...

Say look, Do your car $28K and mine for $17,500 and we have a deal.

carlos33018

Ready to race!
So the manager called, apparently they will not give me more than 16.8k on my car, I dont know why, i explained that it should be an easy sell but no budge. They came down 300 dollars on the R, to 28.2k. This is pending that I take the car to a mechanic and everything checks out. What do you guys think? I honestly feel as if i could do better on my car... Thanks for the input

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
What's your number for the trade in and purchase? Give them your numbers, tell them if they meet it you'll buy same day otherwise you're going elsewhere.

Tapped with my thumbs

ElusiveGTI

Ready to race!
The bottom line is what can you afford to pay monthly. If you can afford it and your only fighting over $500, then go do it, its only gonna change your monthly payment roughly $10 a month depending on interest rate. Get it checked out, if all good, pull the trigger and get it!

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
I know the R is not that popular of a car, but I would make a move soon. At that price, someone else might be likely to drive off with is and the dealership knows that, which is why (imo) they're not really budging on the price.

carlos33018

Ready to race!
Did you buy it??
No I haven't, I was able to get them to come down to 28 on the car and 17 on the trade but I didn't pull the trigger. It seems odd that the car has had 2 previous owners and its got 24k miles on the clock. My gut instinct told me to walk away, so I did, not to mention the small sideskirt damage, well see what happens , maybe I can get them down to 27 lol , what do you guys think???

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
They gave you another $500 off the R.. that's probably it. Where they are making money is on your car, as stated previously. As for 2 owners, in this day and age, cars go through many strange things with regard to ownership, auctions, being moved around the country and so on. As long as its still under warranty, I wouldn't worry too much.

carlos33018

Ready to race!
They gave you another $500 off the R.. that's probably it. Where they are making money is on your car, as stated previously. As for 2 owners, in this day and age, cars go through many strange things with regard to ownership, auctions, being moved around the country and so on. As long as its still under warranty, I wouldn't worry too much.

yeah, well see, there are a few R's available so maybe ill play the waiting game. I m going for the steal you know, not the deal :) 27k on the golf 17 on my car heheeheheh :)

carlos33018

Ready to race!
So dealer called again today and they are READY to make the deal at 28k on the golf r and 17k on my golf gti. I guess it proved a little difficult to sell a 28k golf, anyways, I feel like pushing them harder on the price of the golf or my trade, what are you guys thinking in terms of numbers ?

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
You got what you wanted. There's something to be said for bargaining, there's also something to be said for having your word mean something.

They gotta make some money off of you. I'd think its worth it the 300-400 you could get, to not look like a scumbag and have the awkward conversation of "oh I know I said I'd take this price, but now I want you to bend over even more"

carlos33018

Ready to race!
You got what you wanted. There's something to be said for bargaining, there's also something to be said for having your word mean something.

They gotta make some money off of you. I'd think its worth it the 300-400 you could get, to not look like a scumbag and have the awkward conversation of "oh I know I said I'd take this price, but now I want you to bend over even more"

Well, the day I was there, they didn't want to come lower than 28.5 on the car. They were selling me this story that they had someone ready to buy at 29 blah blah blah, had they come down to 28 I would have pulled the trigger. Fast forward 1 month and the car is still sitting on the lot, and NOW they can do 28, well maybe now I can't do 28 now I can do 27 ? I mean you snooze you lose, well at least its how i feel. I have a feeling that they might be looking to move the car to the auction and this is a last ditch effort. Either way, how much further than 28 do you guys think I can push on the car ? thanks.

ElusiveGTI

Ready to race!
Its the end of the month, they are looking to make a deal. Don't go back on your offer, you will look dumb and they will say no thanks and have a nice day. You got what you want, pull the trigger and pick up the car!
You could say something like throw in all weather floor mats and its a deal, or something along the lines something little. I almost guarantee they will take the deal. Call today and get it done, by the end of the night you will have your R and both will leave happy!!