GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2+ R vs 6.0 GTO

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Last night, while in Mexico, I was at the local hang out and there was this loud GTO in the lot. Toyed with a few other cars there and had easy kills. A Nismo 370, G35, WRX, Z28, Speed 3. The Speed 3 was my only real competition as he had Cobb stage 2 with full turbo back, front mount IC and intake.

Well, the end of the evening the GTO and I played a little on the street then moved to the highway.
We did a 40 roll and both started in 3rd gear. At 90 ish he was about 1/2 car length ahead.
On the turn around we did the same 40 roll but this time he started in 2nd and we went to 125 ish.
WOW!
He instantly pulled away and by the end he was about 2.5 lengths ahead.
We went back to the hang out and he came over and said how he was impressed with how my car did.
He told me he had a full open exhaust from the head back, bigger cam, intake, and some flash.
He also went to the track earlier that day and ran a 12.2 @ 118.

Damn! Those GTO's are nice cars! If I ever purchased a GM that would be it!

Guess I need to save some coin for Stage 3 or Loba L0400!

My mods in Sig!

rquinn19

Ready to race!
Last night, while in Mexico, I was at the local hang out and there was this loud GTO in the lot. Toyed with a few other cars there and had easy kills. A Nismo 370, G35, WRX, Z28, Speed 3. The Speed 3 was my only real competition as he had Cobb stage 2 with full turbo back, front mount IC and intake.

Well, the end of the evening the GTO and I played a little on the street then moved to the highway.
We did a 40 roll and both started in 3rd gear. At 90 ish he was about 1/2 car length ahead.
On the turn around we did the same 40 roll but this time he started in 2nd and we went to 125 ish.
WOW!
We went back to the hang out and he came over and said how he was impressed with how my car did.
He told me he had a full open exhaust from the head back, bigger cam, intake, and some flash.

My mods in Sig!

Behind a CTS-V I would hope

trd420

Go Kart Champion

WOW!

My mods in Sig!

I dont know if you go FBO stage2+ with water/meth on 100oct tune. you would have some real fun.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
LS2 and LS3's respond very well to those mods.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
The GTO's need a lot more work to make them good, IMO.

By the time they came to the USA they were already a very old design and the suspension was terrible. They were originally designed and sold under the Holden marque in Australia as the "Monaro".

If buying a used LSx car for speed I'd get a 4th gen Camaro LS1 ('98-'02) or C6 Corvette again as a base before the GTO/Monaro. At 3,7xx pounds they are hefty.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Shoulda started in nd and seen results

I'm guessing you meant 2nd.

2nd gear at 40 puts me over 4k, 3rd gear has me at just over 3k, which per APR puts me at peak torque.
Who knows, I'm always open for tips!

GTO's may be heavy and poor cornering cars but still, it's a damn sexy car to me!

I've raced the older 5.7 before with my 313 WHP GTI and beat them. This 6.0 flat out ripped!

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
I dont know if you go FBO stage2+ with water/meth on 100oct tune. you would have some real fun.

Going to get the switchable tune on Monday!

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Keyword in all of that, the GTO had a cam. It is insane what a cam does to these cars, and V8s in general. It's akin (not really but you understand the concept) of a K04. Big gains with tune on NA motors.

Dig would be interesting to see as well.

What are estimated HP for yours and the GTO?

Stifun

Ready to race!
Nice kills! And it's no surprise on the LS2 GTO pulling away like it did. Those cars are pretty fast even in stock form. It's all good you can't win them all. ;) With bolt on's and cam those things are beasts and would even give a Stage 3 Golf R a run for it's money.

So you beat a 370z pretty easily? I've been wanting to play with one of those to see where I stand.

Halvie

WOOSA

WOW!

My mods in Sig!

Not interested in the ss?

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
What are estimated HP for yours and the GTO?

I tried a few times at a light but he wouldn't go for that.

Per APR I have 350 ish.

LS2 has 400 stock.