GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Blow-off valve

ali10006

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all,

I have fix an Forged Blow-off valve on my Golf R, and one of my friend said that after he fixed it on his car and he checked it on the dyno before and after it shows that it reduced the Horse Power by 10 to 20hp.

so am not sure it that is correct or not.

Any other test before and after on the Golf R.

Appreciate you feedback which will help everyone on the forum and will save them money :thumbup:

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
BOV's aren't a common thing on the TSI engines. Golf R's aren't Supras or Evo's :iono:

Chef_R_Gamie

Ready to race!
BOV's aren't a common thing on the TSI engines. Golf R's aren't Supras or Evo's :iono:

Golf r = Fsi but yes there is no bov needed for the R and there is a dv there already

Chef_R_Gamie

Ready to race!

Golf r = Fsi but yes there is no bov needed for the R and there is a dv there already

Also Golf R= beautiful
Evo = plasticky piece of shit !

Supra is cool though ;)

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion

Also Golf R= beautiful
Evo = plasticky piece of shit !

Supra is cool though ;)

Oops that's right, FSI motor my bad.

Olly_R

Forge diverter valve replacement kit is what you need. Less tssss and more flutter+ your diagram in your original diver valve will pop over stage 2

Cortexiphan

Forge diverter valve replacement kit is what you need. Less tssss and more flutter+ your diagram in your original diver valve will pop over stage 2

VW changed the DV for the golf r. It is now a piston type. So the Forge BOV doesn't add any performance.

There are many stage 3 and up builds using the stock DV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Elchinophil

Ready to race!

Olly_r, i noticed your running 3" non res. I've been thinking about the difference between non res and res, what is your opinion? is it much louder? do you hear drone at cruising?

I just did Stage 1 , i'm going to put in HPFP shortly and do 1+ , can't wait:)

-yz-1

Passed Driver's Ed

T is for TURBO

Ready to race!
You guys crack me up. A BOV, IS a diverter valve, they are both the same thing, just different name. It all depends on the manufacturer. Garrett Honeywell calls it a "compressor bypass valve" And for the record, a Mitsubishi Evo's "BOV" works the same as the VW "diverter valve". It releases IC tract pressure and recirculates it back into the turbo inlet.

It's just like intercoolers, or aftercoolers, or charge air coolers. Same shit, different name.

Last edited:

T is for TURBO

Ready to race!
You are over analyzing it. It's just a name. BOVs/DVs have many names. By the "VW" definition, my Talon has a DV because it recirculates back into the turbo. However, I can switch to speed density, and take the recirculation tube off, and vent it to the atmosphere. Does that make it a BOV now? No it makes it the same thing it was before, simply a valve that alleviates pressure from the charge pipes to prevent surging.

It really is semantics, however I just get a kick out of how some people get so bent out of shape when someone calls a "diverter valve" a "blow off valve". It seems to be most prevalent in the VAG.

hyperguy951

You are over analyzing it. It's just a name. BOVs/DVs have many names. By the "VW" definition, my Talon has a DV because it recirculates back into the turbo. However, I can switch to speed density, and take the recirculation tube off, and vent it to the atmosphere. Does that make it a BOV now? No it makes it the same thing it was before, simply a valve that alleviates pressure from the charge pipes to prevent surging.

It really is semantics, however I just get a kick out of how some people get so bent out of shape when someone calls a "diverter valve" a "blow off valve". It seems to be most prevalent in the VAG.

Pretty sure nothing is being over analyzed. The reason people say they're different from each other is because the name. One vents or "blows off" and one "diverts" or recircs. The example you gave isnt even logical becuase youre not changing the valve youre changing the piping. It's still diverting the air, just because you removed the pipe doesnt mean the valve type changes.