GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Preston/Jaxpandaballs Birthday Bash #17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkle

Banned
I lived mostly alone for about a year. I don't know, I guess the dogs kept me company, so it wasn't completely silent.

Fair point. I've always got something on, I like listening to something while I'm working. I'm bad about playing on my phone while watching T.V. and then having to rewind it and watch it again. :p

Soflogtimk6

Go Kart Champion
Sup guys

Calvinball

Go Kart Champion
This I don't know. I do know that every job I look at with them (and there are tons open) has been in their center city office, so they've got a lot there. I think that the new one is going to have a hotel/restaurant in it so you can actually go in, whereas the existing one now is just offices.

Yeah I heard the restaurant will be towards the top.

The current building has a huge food court open to the public. And a nifty wall display in the main lobby that you can go in and watch.

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion

Is that a donut with a maple glaze topped with bacon??

:word:

All I have is internet. No regrets.

Also only have interwebz

I still have cable, but its getting expensive. Most of the stuff I watch isn't on netflix or amazon video (don't have hulu). I watch stuff like science channel, history and velocity almost exclusively...for example, hulu has 7 modern marvels episodes when there are literally hundreds over the years.

Youtube??
Google??
ProjectFreeTv??

I'm sure you can find the episodes somewhere

No cable for me either. I just use an antenna to get the basic channels for local news and Netflix for show watching.

I keep thinking about hooking my tv to the antennae but haven't. Oh well

I can't believe that comcast is putting up another tower...94 stories isn't enough space!?

Not a baller unless you have more than 100 stories

I'm not big on background noise. I enjoy the silence.

Brandon always has something on, even if he's just sitting for 10 minutes. Music for shower and laundry trime, Chris Harris or Matt Farah videos for short meals, Netflix or something like that for when he's playing video games or doing homework ... I don't know how he concentrates. That shit would drive me crazy if I were him.

Yeah, he usually silences the audio on the video games so he can half watch/listen to a TV show.

I don't understand the video game thing. I take it he isn't into shooters or action games?? Those audio cues are huge when doing things. I dunno. I've tried to put music on and it works for some games (open world) but not for others.

If you ever live alone for an extended period you get used to putting something on to help you feel a little less lonely.

Yeah. Living alone can be lonely for sure. I've gotten kinda used to it, but then again the GF winds up at my house often anyway so I guess I'm not really alone.

I lived mostly alone for about a year. I don't know, I guess the dogs kept me company, so it wasn't completely silent.

It would be cool to have much doge to keep me company

abalinka

Go Kart Champion
I guess I could go both ways. Having enjoyable roommates is very nice, but I enjoyed living alone because nobody bothered me and I didn't have to work around anyone else's schedule.

Not sure which I preferred, honestly.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Ah, yeah. I mean for you guys that don't have cable, Finalgear makes sense.

I have cable thrown in because I couldn't get the tier of internet any cheaper than if I didn't have it.

You can usually get phone, cable, and internet service cheaper.

Tell them you have been looking at competitor XX pricing
Can you help me out in any way?

Problem with cable is the price increases every couple months

abalinka

Go Kart Champion
I don't understand the video game thing. I take it he isn't into shooters or action games?? Those audio cues are huge when doing things. I dunno. I've tried to put music on and it works for some games (open world) but not for others.

Yeah he pretty much plays COD, WoW, World of Tanks, and (soon) Titanfall. He mostly just plays multiplayer, though. I've never actually seen him play a campaign mode on any COD game. None of those really require audio, but I couldn't function without it.

punchagoat

Banned
I am starting to research car cleaning products, I must have the spring itch.
I am thinking about a porter cable polisher, a wheel brush, and other various items.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
You can usually get phone, cable, and internet service cheaper.

Tell them you have been looking at competitor XX pricing
Can you help me out in any way?

Problem with cable is the price increases every couple months

No shit. :laugh:

That's how I got our current internet package. We moved, they threatened to jack our rates up when we changed our address. So, we balked, said we were going to switch to a competitor.

We were then escalated to the elite team, and we had our internet rates chopped in half and got basic cable TV thrown in for free.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I could easily live alone and love it. :iono:

Different strokes, you seem to value your alone time.

Fair point. I've always got something on, I like listening to something while I'm working. I'm bad about playing on my phone while watching T.V. and then having to rewind it and watch it again. :p

I do this too :lol:

Or my laptop, always getting sucked into the forumz.

I guess I could go both ways. Having enjoyable roommates is very nice, but I enjoyed living alone because nobody bothered me and I didn't have to work around anyone else's schedule.

Not sure which I preferred, honestly.

I've really liked most of the roommates I've had but they all have their annoyances. My college roommies all had gfs that were always staying at our house and everyone were slobs but me... That said I still loved those guys and it was worth the headache to live with them. The only time I've ever lived alone, my gf lived in the same neighborhood and we were together pretty much all the time, so I don't really know what it's like.

Yeah he pretty much plays COD, WoW, World of Tanks, and (soon) Titanfall. He mostly just plays multiplayer, though. I've never actually seen him play a campaign mode on any COD game. None of those really require audio, but I couldn't function without it.

So weird to play those without audio.

I am thinking about a porter cable polisher, a wheel brush, and other various items.

Good detailing supplies are crucial, interested to see what you end up with.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion

Go register on the Autogeek.net forums. A lot of invaluable info on there.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
I could easily live alone and love it. :iono:

I loved living alone. Nice an quiet when you want it, blasting music when you don't ultimate NFG. I've got great roommates now but I could definitely live alone for a long time.

I could never play any of those games without audio. :iono:

Status
Not open for further replies.