GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gonzo/GTS Tuning

Status
Not open for further replies.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Well if it was once APR guys I'm sure that the car longevity piece is still there.

I keep feeling like I should go APR because some dealers offer it but I am starting to feel more like if you're tuned you're tuned. Find out if it's gonna be a problem beforehand ya know?

k0mpresd

Ready to race!
different tuners do things differently in their files, the end result is usually the same though. no tune is going to make anything go boom that wasnt already weak and going to go boom sooner or later.
independent tuners are usually a lot more willing to work with you and make a file a little bit more custom to your needs, if you have a specific request that isnt available in a canned tuned file available from the larger companies for example.

The Gonz

Why wouldn't you go with any of the big 4? Because Gonzo is cheaper? There's too many threads implying they're shady and that they suck.

And what kind of name is "Gonzo tuning" anyway? Is this a pron business?

EDIT: Their website doesn't even have product listings for the TSI.. wtf.

EDIT2: There's also a reason they only have 3 independent dealers.. because no one wants to sell their shit l0l. Why spend a little bit less money for something as delicate as a tune? I would NOT trust them with my engine.
We actually shy away from the MK5/MK6 crowd as this community is very vocal. We have been focusing on automating the licensing process and developing our own flashing software, which is why you don't see any information on TSI software.

We have been tuning TFSI and TSI for a long time now. And by a long time, I mean years, not months like other "competitors". We even offer custom code features (switchable programs, adjustable launch control/2step, shiftlight, etc). I'm pretty sure we were the first ones to do it in United States.

We are working on our own remote flashing software for MED9/MED17. We do not use third party software/tools. Everything is done in-house. Not rebranded hardware, where they just slap a company logo on existing third party tools.

On our home page you can see what kind of power figures our Golf R software gets.

I'll refrain from posting any more as I do not want to violate any advertising rules.

v.b

Ready to race!
We actually shy away from the MK5/MK6 crowd as this community is very vocal. We have been focusing on automating the licensing process and developing our own flashing software, which is why you don't see any information on TSI software.

We have been tuning TFSI and TSI for a long time now. And by a long time, I mean years, not months like other "competitors". We even offer custom code features (switchable programs, adjustable launch control/2step, shiftlight, etc). I'm pretty sure we were the first ones to do it in United States.

We are working on our own remote flashing software for MED9/MED17. We do not use third party software/tools. Everything is done in-house. Not rebranded hardware, where they just slap a company logo on existing third party tools.

On our home page you can see what kind of power figures our Golf R software gets.

I'll refrain from posting any more as I do not want to violate any advertising rules.

:clap:

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Well if it was once APR guys I'm sure that the car longevity piece is still there.

I keep feeling like I should go APR because some dealers offer it but I am starting to feel more like if you're tuned you're tuned. Find out if it's gonna be a problem beforehand ya know?

Some tunes are just a bit more aggressive. APR's tunes seem to be the most mild I guess would be the word. GIAC, DM and maybe some others are a little more aggressive. This is just based on the numbers I've seen keep in mind.

doug@frankenturbo

Turbos Galore
If you are looking for a more unique tuner for your car, DriverMotorsport is by far the better choice. First and foremost, the operative word is "tuner", which DriverMotorsport's Bronson Dixon has proven to merit. However, it is not one that could be applied to the other outfit.

When the question of Gonzo Tuning comes up, I generally just post a link to this thread on another forum:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6888367-Thinking-of-Buying-from-Gonzo-Tuning-Read-this-First

Now let's have a look at another operative word, such as "professional". Seems to me those two standards make your choice crystal clear.

Moby_Wan_Kenobi

Passed Driver's Ed
Here we go......

IBTL

The Gonz

If you are looking for a more unique tuner for your car, DriverMotorsport is by far the better choice. First and foremost, the operative word is "tuner", which DriverMotorsport's Bronson Dixon has proven to merit. However, it is not one that could be applied to the other outfit.

When the question of Gonzo Tuning comes up, I generally just post a link to this thread on another forum:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6888367-Thinking-of-Buying-from-Gonzo-Tuning-Read-this-First

Now let's have a look at another operative word, such as "professional". Seems to me those two standards make your choice crystal clear.
Always taking shots... Can't resist the temptation, eh?

Its OK. We still love you. Just keep improving your products. Maybe someday they will work properly :)

twodotfive

Ready to race!

wat. :iono:

Avant

Ready to race!
You're assuming I'm cheaping out. Not the case. Just asking for thoughts on it. I have had money set aside for a tune for months now, waiting for sales and gathering data.

That said, how do you like GIAC.

I like it and I've had no problems but that's all I'll say as I don't want a shitstorm to start plowing up my ass

I respect your response and I appreciate you coming into this thread. Props to you for making an at-home solution for the TSI.

wat. :iono:

I think he means that if one review gets out all hell breaks lose and the lose hella business. He probably also means that if there's some misunderstanding or some problem they'll instantly post it on the forums and everything will make their own conclusions based on a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.