GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bringing a new meaning to the term "bagged"

envythez06

Had to mulch my yard and since the GTI is the only vehicle I have down in Florida I had to make due. Made 4 trips to Lowe's each time managing to cram 20 bags of mulch in. The GTI really is an all purpose vehicle.... lol I think you guys will get a laugh out of this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
I'd NEVER do this. lmao
I'd force a friend with a truck or suv to help. :laugh:
Awesome though.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Great way to make your car smell like shit.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
SO refreshing to not see a bagged GTI.

Nice job on the utility.

chilipepper

Ready to race!
Aren't there landscaping companies in Florida that would deliver this much mulch in a dump truck? Would have been the much cheaper option. At least it is here in PA.

booey1979

Go Kart Champion
While I'm for using the gti in as many situations as possible, I would never ever haul mulch duck no! It'll make the car smell like shit.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
haha did the same this past season.. I stopped at 16 bags though to avoid spillage.

Top soil on the other hand... 20 bags at ~40lbs each = pushing the DG springs to the limit on the rear, lol.

GTI is fun AND useful. That's why I love it.

cobie56

Ready to race!
While I'm for using the gti in as many situations as possible, I would never ever haul mulch duck no! It'll make the car smell like shit.

Mulch is not manure and it smells like cut wood because it is chipped/shredded wood, not shit. Jus saying

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Each their own but mulch actually smells pretty good.... Very earthy lol

Personally, I dont think it smells bad either... I just hope you lined the vehicle with towels before doing this... Bags of mulch ALWAYS rip and spill and the mess is really the only thing Id be concerned about in doing this

nik

Go Kart Champion
Used mine as a pickup as well for multiple soil runs this year. I just make sure i line the back with garbage bags, and most garden centers carry a roll of plastic sheet for that purpose. Didn't have to worry about smell.

#low
#datreverserake

However late last year I gave some people a ride to a party and they apparently neglected to close the bottle of some rank smelling salad dressing... thankfully the stuff ended up on my weathertechs, but my car smelled ripe for two months. Couldn't even sun it out or roll the windows down due to it being winter. Needed to get one of those odor sponges and fabreeze the f*** out of it.

I read somewhere that leaving a few bricks of charcoal apparently does the same deodorizing trick...probably like a charcoal filter.