GOLFMKV

trunk badge Delete.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion

:confused:

How do you open the hatch?

Bryan259

Ready to race!
No not a hatch pop kit or a shaved hatch. The trunk latch has 5 notches that the VW badge clicks into. Is there any aftermarket producer that instead of selling the VW logo it had the Notches that would click the piece in place but would be flat smooth all the way across. similar to the VW logo in there now but one smooth piece with no LOGO popping out.

michal

Go Kart Champion
No not a hatch pop kit or a shaved hatch. The trunk latch has 5 notches that the VW badge clicks into. Is there any aftermarket producer that instead of selling the VW logo it had the Notches that would click the piece in place but would be flat smooth all the way across. similar to the VW logo in there now but one smooth piece with no LOGO popping out.

No. Like I said DIY or talk to the bodyshop.

Bryan259

Ready to race!
but its literally as simple as not cutting out the plastic from the circle VW logo areas to create negative space. There must be someone who was like "maybe I wont carve out a VW logo today for the plastic hatch piece and instead just plopped a blank circle in there.

michal

Go Kart Champion
I do not think it will look good anyway. Shave the hatch or leave it like it is. You can always color match the black plastic back and paint your emblem.

michal

Go Kart Champion
You can take out the whole hatch mechanism. It's pretty easy. Then fill out those empty spaces with special putty, sand it out, and paint it.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
but its literally as simple as not cutting out the plastic from the circle VW logo areas to create negative space. There must be someone who was like "maybe I wont carve out a VW logo today for the plastic hatch piece and instead just plopped a blank circle in there.

It doesn't exist my friend, if you think it's so simple then make one yourself? Your only options are these:

1. Shave hatch
2. Color match both emblem and trunk latch
3. Live with the gaps
4. Leave it as it is stock

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Just for the sake of giving the OP some different options: