GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Younger GTI owners car payments

phant0m

Ready to race!
my payment is $250 for 4 more years, already 1 year in, bought the car for $20k, traded in my Mazda 3 (2004) for $4000, and put down $2000, and it think it's 1.89%

i'm also 20 if that matters at all lol [emoji106]
Lmao I just looked back and saw this post. I traded in an 08 Mazda 3 (2.3L) when I picked up my GTI. put down several thousand on top of the trade in. 1.9% on the loan.

We did pretty much the exact same thing lol

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY S5 using Tapatalk.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Lmao I just looked back and saw this post. I traded in an 08 Mazda 3 (2.3L) when I picked up my GTI. put down several thousand on top of the trade in. 1.9% on the loan.

We did pretty much the exact same thing lol

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY S5 using Tapatalk.

Scary shit man... :lol:

handisnacks

Ready to race!
Sorry if that came off harsh, but yes, the millennial generation is the worst one thus far when it comes to benefiting off of their parents success (not really having to work for something, like getting into college, etc). I'm in California and I couldn't go to college until I was 26 and was able to get Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) to pay for it. Derp da derp my parents made to much money for me to get financial aid but not enough to help me pay for college. Good job, America. Now I finally have a great car that's Unitronic tuned and fully decked out, it feels amazing. I also have a mortgage, wife, daughter, etc. so there's that as well, heh.

EDIT: On the topic of APR's mine is 2.59% and I have an 810 credit score, that's the best I could get for a used car. :(

MKVI_Roa

Ready to race!
Bought it brand new for 23,500 when I was 18 years old with 5K down back when they were clearing them out for the MK7. $315 a month is steep for me so I worked two jobs this summer and refinanced for $175 with out an increase in loan life, just solid chunks of cash going in and an insane amount of self control not to mod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
I know this thread is a few months old but it's an interesting one. It's quite true actually about the whole parent supporting thing. I never really had that, I mean I could have but I always refused. I always wanted to do everything myself because then when you screw up what happens? Parents want to take away keys, this and that, etc. I don't like being put in situations like that so I always had to earn everything myself. I started being self employed when I turned 18(im now 20 almost 21 in December) and just dropped college. I didn't want to be in a student loan debt when most of the time many don't even end up doing what they went to school for(realistically). I became an independent insurance broker, went to a week course to study and what not then took the 3 hour government license test and passed my second time. Anyways so I finally saved up some money after a few months of work and realized I needed a car. I had sold my 1995 junk Honda Civic dx that I had my last year of high school and just saved up. I needed a car for my business and to be able to transport myself. So my mistake was not remembering about the gti which I loved ever since I owned a 2000 gti vr6 my sophomore year(had a 1990 Honda Civic which I got cheap and traded it for the gti with 1k on top). Anyways I fell in love with the European vehicle even though it had a lot of problems which was an awful trade and I was only able to save up certain amount of money at the time to be able to fix this car. I didn't know how expensive they were. So I junked it for 500 and got the 95 civic for a little less than $400. Back to topic I forgot about the mk6 gti when I was looking for a work vehicle and ended up just getting the 2014 Corolla s. My grand parents had purchased 2 vehicles from there and I figured I would get help or some deal from them so I had my grandfather take me. I looked at the cars and liked the way it drove, heck I would've like the way any of them drove. I'm coming from a junk civic that had no power windows, no a/c, no power steering, shut out shocks, cheap ass no brand coilivers that came with it(extremely bouncy) so obviously I loved the way the Corolla drove and I actually liked the new design also. Looked nicer than the new Honda civics in my opinion but they're still nice decent economic cars. So I ended up leading the car since it was just an emergency to need a vehicle and I gave a 2k down payment with everything under my name luckily. Not sure how I did it but I refused to get co-signed and wanted to establish everything on my own so they let me take it and I just took the offer. Until further research I realized that the new corollas had new laggy cvt transmissions and at the dealer they told me there wasn't any manual models which I found out there was >=\ so I liked it and disliked it at the same time since I never owned a car with cold a/c hehe so I kept searching and found nice mk6 gtis but my payoff was high since I only had it for a few months so I had to be patient and accept my debt. So a year and 9 months later I pulled the trigger and decided to search for a better car that I deserved. I found a 2014 Honda Civic si sedan online and when I went to the dealer it was already sold( thank GOD, I couldn't believe I was really going to get an si) then I remember once again about the gti and figured hey it's the same price range so I'll check them out. Went to look at the mk7s but I knew I couldnt afford it yet since I was at negative with my lease. So I looked at the gti test drove it and fell in love with it. 2.0T with good amount of power, massive torque compared to the corollas 128 lbs-ft of torque it had(Lol) and the ride was just amazing felt like I was on a cloud. I got the Wolfsburg edition but it came with the full leather recaro seats or whatever they're called I just know they're the bucket leather seats which are nice by the way. No sunroof but my Corolla had no sunroof either and it was just a better car in general and I was getting the car for the performance and handling I didn't care about the extras as long as I got the gti :) so I just worked everything out, didn't even give a down payment and found out that my credit had gone up and it helped a bit. I heard VW was a bit difficult to get approved so I was flattered when I got approved. I ended up paying about $100 more overall than what I was already spending on the Corolla which for the car it is was totally worth it. $100 more overall for a turbo charged German vehicle that handles quite well, doesn't sway like the damn Corolla did on the highway and even gets about the same mileage I was getting on the Corolla. I had to punch it on the Corolla to get it going to gain some speed and on the gti I hardly have to step on it at all I keep up with traffic easily, I enter the freeways with no problem now since it does well at catching speed. I'm 20 now stuck with my gti payment but I am indeed extremely happy man. Never thought I could own one of these at the age of 20. I also am a father of a 3 month old boy, it is what it is but anyways my point is that not all the young gti owners are having it paid for by their parents. I have real life responsibilities, working extremely hard to get where I want to be and I drive a gti now lol I feel great in that thing. Payments are a bit high but it's worth every penny, insurance is horrible. I lent my Corolla to my girlfriend to get her girly things done and what not since I was in a good mood and she didn't survive. First and last time I let her drive my car again especially now that Im working my ass off for the gti hell no! So yea I'm happy and anything is possible you just got to let your brain do the work and not let your mind interfere so much. That's where the doubt and fear comes into play. I have my son, the mother of my child, and my American bully puppy to look after plus rent and all the extra bills and necessities that I have to worry about. Not many 20 year olds have these kind of responsibilities so if I can do it so can any other young adult. Many others might have less bills and less responsibilities so it shouldn't be hard to own one of these cars. You just have to use your mouth and talk and ask questions, it doesn't hurt to ask to lower payments or to see what other options you have. If you let the dealer fuck you in the ass with a shitty deal then you better throw on some Vaseline because it's going to be ugly.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
I know this thread is a few months old but it's quite true actually my parents fucked me in the ass. better throw on some Vaseline because it's going to be ugly.

tl;dr

damagi123

Go Kart Champion