GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spotted 2015 golf R

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Okay here's a dumb question... but whats the difference between the GTI and the R? The R is a beautiful car but so is the GTI. I'm assuming it has more to do than just the body differences.

-DT

Golf R has;
- Haldex AWD that's Front wheel drive based
- Engine from a mk5 gti FSI engine, but with K04 turbo, so it produces 256 hp.
- Bigger Brakes
- and thats it. basically an STI equivalent of GTI to put it that way and a Gti with awd and an older heart.

oh wow......

dis

Quit trollin:bellyroll::word:

dat

Aww but Renner makes it look so easy....

-DT

dis

Superior blue gauge interior.
That is all.. :thumbsup:

Then ill paint mine and replace badges and bumper so ill have an R have 10k in pocket, throw a stage 1 and done. and get more bitches, bitches love .:R badges, #becauseeconoboxracekar!!

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
More like WRX equivalent.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
More like WRX equivalent.

wrx is faster than regular imprezza.
sti is still lot faster than a wrx, looks sexier and more expensive.

gti is a "fast" golf
golf r is a fast golf, faster than gti, looks sexier and more expensive.

agree about wrong wheel drive vs all wheel drive though

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Golf R has;
- Haldex AWD that's Front wheel drive based
- Engine from a mk5 gti FSI engine, but with K04 turbo, so it produces 256 hp.
- Bigger Brakes
- and thats it. basically an STI equivalent of GTI to put it that way and a Gti with awd and an older heart.

That is applicable to the Mk6 R. The Mk7 R has a new engine and AWD system.

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
Then ill paint mine and replace badges and bumper so ill have an R have 10k in pocket, throw a stage 1 and done. and get more bitches, bitches love .:R badges, #becauseeconoboxracekar!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not sure if it's paint so much as just changing whatever the light source for the gauge needles is.. but okay! :thumbsup:

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
That is applicable to the Mk6 R. The Mk7 R has a new engine and AWD system.

I believe the MKVII R is actually just a gen3 TSI with a KO4 (or better) now, isn't it?

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not sure if it's paint so much as just changing whatever the light source for the gauge needles is.. but okay! :thumbsup:

:laugh:

I believe the MKVII R is actually just a gen3 TSI with a KO4 (or better) now, isn't it?

MK7 .:R

MK7 GTI

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
Yep, those pictures show the dip stick has moved from the front of the engine (FSI) to the area the TSI normally has it.
Thank the Gods the cam follower is finally dead.
Still waiting to see if they fixed the water pump issues for this latest gen TSI motor.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Yep, those pictures show the dip stick has moved from the front of the engine (FSI) to the area the TSI normally has it.
Thank the Gods the cam follower is finally dead.
Still waiting to see if they fixed the water pump issues for this latest gen TSI motor.

was cam follower was a big issue. because i actually saw 2 mk5 gti's being towed this morning, i bet most people around me thinks my gti will end up there in a few years lol, thatvwunreliabilitystigma

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
what's weird is, usually i dont hear about water pumps going on modded cars - that is..strange, imho.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The follower is overblown esp on late model FSI engines. A well maintained FSI is just as if not more reliable than a TSI.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I agree. Nothing wrong with an FSI, just take care of the cam follower.

Stronger internals and all on the MK6 R...the MK7 R is a game changer though...just fix the darn turbos.

MK8 R here I come haha

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
No LED tails, no center exhuast, i feel like the front end doesnt have as drastic of a change from the gti... which direction is VW working towards here...

Ill be sticking with my Mk6.

Forever.