GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Very Bad News - Accident

Chockomon

I'm sorry but where is this very bad accident?

Not trying to downplay this but you have a dented and warped door now...nobody was hurt...nothing was totaled.

It's a door, it'll get fixed

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Still waiting for the pics of the chick....

Why-man5

Passed Driver's Ed
It'll be more than a grand to replace it. New door is about 780 + labor paint tips close to 1300.
Had something similar happen to my car not as severe as this one

Yep... And make sure they replace door, not fix it...and as everyone else stated, car will be fine once fixed....

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
You should get your parents to buy you another car, that shits tainted now.

More like me getting myself to buy another car... :laugh: It's going to be fine.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

snowsled

Ready to race!
Depends on how long you have to keep the car. I disagree with the notion that it will be fine. I agree that there is no way a body shop can duplicate factory paint, especially when it comes to long term fading... your gonna see it. Carfax will show the accident, prospective buyers in a couple of years will be able to see the repair. The car has lost value, I would dump it, but thats me. Some of you guys need more body shop experiences, partial paint jobs NEVER match, not for long anyway.

With such low miles I would INSIST to my ins co that the car be replaced and let her ins pay for it.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Definitely this.

No matter how dumb she is, they all have mouths.

In case you don't know, you can totally fuck a mouth.

:lol: my boss is starring at me for laughing.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Depends on how long you have to keep the car. I disagree with the notion that it will be fine. I agree that there is no way a body shop can duplicate factory paint, especially when it comes to long term fading... your gonna see it. Carfax will show the accident, prospective buyers in a couple of years will be able to see the repair. The car has lost value, I would dump it, but thats me. Some of you guys need more body shop experiences, partial paint jobs NEVER match, not for long anyway.

With such low miles I would INSIST to my ins co that the car be replaced and let her ins pay for it.

Serious? Not sure if joking. :iono:

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

snowsled

Ready to race!
Serious? Not sure if joking. :iono:

Keep it five years and see if I am joking... That lesson will cost you more than dumping it now. How many thousands in discount for mismatched paint and a dinged carfax? Would you pay the same for the previously damaged car as you would one that wasn't damaged?

What I am telling you is that your rapidly depreciating asset just took an additional hit, one you will not be compensated for if you keep the car.

I guess you could assume like most of the other posters that the repair will be perfect for years to come but I have never seen repaired paintwork last, especially factory paintwork done by Germans.

With only 5000 miles on your car, I would definately, without a doubt, try to get the ins co to buy it and move on. Its your money and your car though. Good Luck

myMK6fool

Ready to race!
Bad luck. Been there. My car is in the shop for its third rear end replacement. First was at around 10k miles. I've been rear ended three times in 15 months, owned the car for 26 or so. It sucks but it's not worth the hassle and equity of a new car for a replacement door that will be fine. Also - the paint will be fine. 2 different shops were able to replicate CSG perfectly. Dont beirrational.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Im speaking from my mk6 has been in a front end collision in june 2013 only 19k miles on it (got cut off then driver that was in front of me braked hard). Not enough to pop the airbags, but hood is bent, grille, bumper broken, headlights no damage n working but they replaced it when it isnt needed. 7 weeks ago my mk6 got totaled and i got a $20,800 from insurance settlement. Car had 34k miles on it when it happened, 2012 2 door manual autobahn, clean etc. i was surprised, as i was expecting less 16k-17k. Trev's has less damage than my mk6s first accident did. If you take it to a quality shop that can take their time, it can be ALMOST perfect, but if you touch the paint on the damaged part vs non damaged part, you will feel difference in paint texture for sure.