GOLFMKV

Ko4 kit differences

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
:happyanim: nice one man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reshwitz

Ready to race!
APR's kit never goes on sale. They excluded it from the last two sales. That was the primary motivation for my deciding to go with Unitronic. It was about $300 - $400 price difference during Uni's sale.

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
OP purchase the turbo whatever works best for your budget. like others have stated, DV location is moved, some run silicone pipes and adapter others run dv mounted on the turbo. majority of companies will show different HP and TQ numbers. you also got to factor in other parts to get the best performance out of the upgrade. intake, intercooler, charge pipe, downpipe, plugs. these are base things.

Michael58121

Go Kart Champion
So all the k04 are the same, the only difference is the company's software right?

Calkulin

Ready to race!
Diverter valve location is the only difference
Apr and revo have it integrated like oem on the turbo.
Awe and cts has it right off the turbo outlet pipe.
Unitronic has it relocated to the cold side of the intercooler.

You're missing HPA's, which keeps the stock DV location also :thumbsup:

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
I personally like the relocation to be on the underside of the car, OR not be relocated at all. I feel like it makes the engine bay look messy.

USPMotorsports

Ready to race!
The main difference as long as all companies use the Borgwarner KO4 is going to be:

Silicone for the DV relocation
Software

I for one like kits with the least amount of silicone because I have seen them fail after time. The fact that companies CNC into the compressor housing is awesome but as far as I know the SPULEN 2.0 TSI K04 Turbo Kit is the only KO4 with the CNC'd compressor housing that you do not have to buy software for.

This may help some people as far as it being an option.

Let me know if you have any questions,
Phil