GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED tail lights coding help: reverse light not working

slobodan48

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, I recently bought oem led tail lights and got them coded. I have a 2012 VW GTi and I changed byte 18 to 21 like most people with 2012 and 2013 did. That erased my dashboard light but my reverse lights wont work. When I tested out the lights before I coded them they worked well, but I never tried reverse lights.
I was wonder if someone knows where I messed up?:confused: I looked around the forums and couldnt find anything.

I have a late model 2012 with bi-xenon lights without any other vag-com coding done beside the taillights as far as I know. (not sure about previous owner)

Any help would be great!

Slobodan

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
I would try coding it back to 20 and see if the reverse lights work this time. Did you get the LED with or without rear fog?

MyStro023

Ready to race!
I just coded my 2012 with factory Bi-Xenon and LED DRLs... 21 was the required for me (has to be hard coded in - select the Bit 0 to checked from stock 20).

What tail lights do you have (brand / make)? You are positive the fronts are factory as well? What's the default code you started with?

slobodan48

Passed Driver's Ed
I just coded my 2012 with factory Bi-Xenon and LED DRLs... 21 was the required for me (has to be hard coded in - select the Bit 0 to checked from stock 20).

What tail lights do you have (brand / make)? You are positive the fronts are factory as well? What's the default code you started with?

I bought used OEM tails. My headlights are oem hella. They were replaced since my car had small front end damage. I changed it manually from 20 to 21.
Just like the OP did here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...UT-ERROR-FIXED!!!***&highlight=2012+LED+TAils

It did erase my bulb out light and msg..

MyStro023

Ready to race!

MyStro023

Ready to race!

slobodan48

Passed Driver's Ed
Update: Its definitely the coding. I went to the garage and disconnected my inner left light and when I turned the car on I got a bulb out msg and light. I plugged it back in after turning off the car and started it again. No bulb out light and msg. I once again tried it out and everything works fine beside the reverse lights.
Not sure what I should do next..