GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vw gti mk6 twin intercooler

danesc

Is the twin intercooler from eBay really bad?? I mean we are talking about 400$ difference.. anyone have one?

hksturbo123

Passed Driver's Ed
I know that the Godspeed v2 intercooler isn't bad from what I hear. I'm actually buying one off a forum member soon. But idk about the twin cooler. Since the v2 has pretty good reviews I don't see why the twin cooler wouldn't.

danesc

Is because the forge twin cooler is like 850$ but on eBay there's a copy for only 300$ it looks good and just thinking on cooling a little but more... I'm thinking on stop at stage 2...

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
Is because the forge twin cooler is like 850$ but on eBay there's a copy for only 300$ it looks good and just thinking on cooling a little but more... I'm thinking on stop at stage 2...

Ive got that twintercooler from ebay on stage 2 with no issues.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion

its too much work to install it and cut the hoses and force the couplers into the hoses. also the twin intercooler design is inefficient if you are still using the stock intercooler. i used to have the godspeed twintercooler. ive seen some data logs by modshack and he says the twin ic does work but from my opinion its not worth the hassle or the money. but in the end its your money and car so its up to you on what to do.

but the oem style godspeed intercooler v2 is a better choice for a budget intercooler.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PERFORMANCE-ICK-047-VW-GOLF-GTI-06-11-2-0T-MK5-INTERCOOLER-KIT-VERSION-2-/300973400869?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item461369a325&vxp=mtr

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
its too much work to install it and cut the hoses and force the couplers into the hoses. also the twin intercooler design is inefficient if you are still using the stock intercooler. i used to have the godspeed twintercooler. ive seen some data logs by modshack and he says the twin ic does work but from my opinion its not worth the hassle or the money. but in the end its your money and car so its up to you on what to do.

but the oem style godspeed intercooler v2 is a better choice for a budget intercooler.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PERFORMANCE-ICK-047-VW-GOLF-GTI-06-11-2-0T-MK5-INTERCOOLER-KIT-VERSION-2-/300973400869?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item461369a325&vxp=mtr
Gotcha. Yea the cutting of the hoses was a pain but wasnt too bad. Plus I was after the front mount look you know? I probably will be selling once I upgrade my stock intercooler because I dont think you can connect it to an aftermarket one.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Gotcha. Yea the cutting of the hoses was a pain but wasnt too bad. Plus I was after the front mount look you know? I probably will be selling once I upgrade my stock intercooler because I dont think you can connect it to an aftermarket one.

if you a true FMIC, go with one like mine.